Sign in to follow this  
HughesMDflyer4

[Updated 02/28/16] DFS/P3D/Flight/FSX Comparison Screenshots

I bet every day looks different from the previous.  Colors and textures can be changed and improved by 3rd parties...whats important is there's active development with community inputs and 64 bits.  The rest will be 3rd party and carry us another 5-10 years.

No day ever looks like that.

I'm not bagging on just Dovetail. There's a pattern with games going to weird overblown atmospherics.

I can't say I have ever seen that much "blue" as well while flying. It just doesnt look right. I am happy for the most part with the visuals in P3D v3.1.  The thing I would want most out of a new sim is an accurate air and weather model. Things like a small amount of turbulence when entering a cloud, true icing, smooth wind shifts, realistic thunderstorms and such. Weather is a HUGE portion of flying, and even with real world weather and such, it just doesn't "feel" real. 

• Upvote 1

Nick Hatchel

"Sometimes, flying feels too godlike to be attained by man. Sometimes, the world from above seems too beautiful, too wonderful, too distant for human eyes to see …"
Charles A. Lindbergh, 1953

System: Custom Watercooled--Intel i7-8700k OC: 5.0 Ghz--Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7--EVGA GTX 1080ti Founders Edition--16GB TridentZ RGB DDR4--240GB SSD--460GB SSD--1TB WD Blue HDD--Windows 10--55" Sony XBR55900E TV--GoFlight VantEdge Yoke--MFG Crosswind Pedals--FSXThrottle Quattro Throttle Quadrant--Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS--TrackIR 5--VRInsight MCPii Boeing

I can't say I have ever seen that much "blue" as well while flying. It just doesnt look right. I am happy for the most part with the visuals in P3D v3.1.  The thing I would want most out of a new sim is an accurate air and weather model. Things like a small amount of turbulence when entering a cloud, true icing, smooth wind shifts, realistic thunderstorms and such. Weather is a HUGE portion of flying, and even with real world weather and such, it just doesn't "feel" real. 

true...it is a bit "blued out".  The real sense of flight seems to be ignored in favor of eye candy, which I assume is what sells the product.  I too wish what you mentioned made it to the PC someday...

its all a moot point. I agree its not that jaw dropping for a new sim, but then again its a WIP and what does it matter anyhow. Within due time, there will be REX Textures for DFS.

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

Within due time, there will be REX Textures for DFS.

precisely

Thanks Brandon for these posts. Very revealing but I fear you'll need to do all of these again when Flight School is released! 

And as stated probably a little unfair to compare Flight School to these titles and it really should be DTG Flight Simulator. Interestingly or not as the case may be, DTG Martin recently put the following reply up to the Facebook picture of the San Francisco shot.

"...these screenshots are from the development build of DTG Flight School. Not all of the new and upgraded technology we are implementing has been 'turned on' yet, so to speak." - Martin

Furthermore, I don't see Flight School as being a simulator to show off 'increased levels of detail' however there will be a strong emphasis on upgrading the graphical prowess of the Simulator but the object world I would imagine would be largely the same as FSX. Maybe this will change for DTG Flight Simulator.

There will however be a lot of non functional improvements too to both DTG titles, performance being the main one at a cost of probably compatibility, but it will be interesting to see how Lockheed Martin react especially to the 64bit issue if scenery compatibility begins to 'catch up' on the new platform...

I'm really sorry but I have a newbie question or two.

1. How is San Fran available in Flight, I thought only Hawaii and Alaska was released?

2. My Microsoft Flight is broken as I don't have access to Microsoft Games Network or whatever thing that existed that is no more...

It would be fun to get into Flight again, is there an tutorial to get Flight working again on Windows 10, my Flight package was bought directly from Microsoft games website.

I don't have X-plane 10, but I've looked everywhere and I can't find an X-plane 10 screenshot of Innsbruck as good as the one posted. If this isn't out of the box, then I would suggest it is dismissed from any comparison as any refinement at all means it is no longer default global scenery. 

Within due time, there will be REX Textures for DFS.

precisely

I don`t get it, or maybe you guys don`t get it.

There are a lot of 3rd party add-ons made for FSX only because FSX is outdated and incomplete.

If DTG is making a new Sim, they will make all these add-ons needless because all the thngs FSX is lacking will be implemented. Maybe not at day 1 as they say.

And as i understand they said DTG Flight School will be just 64Bit FSX with Missions. All other enhancements will have to wait for the full simulator.

You want a simulator whch is complete and don`t need add-ons, or you just want another sim which is incomplete and you want to spent hundreds of $ to update it?

1. How is San Fran available in Flight, I thought only Hawaii and Alaska was released?

2. My Microsoft Flight is broken as I don't have access to Microsoft Games Network or whatever thing that existed that is no more...

Have a look into MSFlight Forum section below.

You will be surprised :) Everything is explained there.

If DTG is making a new Sim, they will make all these add-ons needless because all the thngs FSX is lacking will be implemented.

And then how will DFS make money from that point on when their business is selling DLC via Steam ?

Dream on...

Aircraft and Scenery e.g.

How will they sell any single copy if they just release FSX as 64Bit with 10 year old graphics and features?

Aircraft and Scenery e.g.

So you figure we are going to get a 64bit Sim from DTG that has aircraft of the caliber of PMDG and Realair with Orbx class scenery included in the base sim.

Not going to happen...

We will get a 64bit sim based on FSX code with certain parts updated, DX11, lighting ect.

Then we will buy addons from those Devs that can swallow the costs associated with doing business via DTG and Steam. 

I don`t get it, or maybe you guys don`t get it.

There are a lot of 3rd party add-ons made for FSX only because FSX is outdated and incomplete.

If DTG is making a new Sim, they will make all these add-ons needless because all the thngs FSX is lacking will be implemented. Maybe not at day 1 as they say.

And as i understand they said DTG Flight School will be just 64Bit FSX with Missions. All other enhancements will have to wait for the full simulator.

You want a simulator whch is complete and don`t need add-ons, or you just want another sim which is incomplete and you want to spent hundreds of $ to update it?

Train sim model is similar. There is all kinds of addons. Maybe you missed the part of Martin saying they are working closely with 3PDs and providing all the necessary tools they need to develop addons. Of course its going to cost us hundreds. How much have I spent on FSX and P3D addons I dont even want to fathom. Thats what a hobby is. Cant think of too many hobbies that are dirt cheap. But thats what supports the 3PDs, and this is what will support DTG to carry on and make the core sim better in the future as well as adding more features.

Everyone knows there will be default weather default planes, default AI, default this and that, but that there will always be a dev who brings on a new addon that makes it that much better. You dont like it? Then stick with default.

All DTG needs to do is provide a rock solid stable platform that performs admirably, and provide what Microsoft didnt... That is fix anything missing, or broken, so that all these ridiculous hooks and workarounds that 3PDs have been spending all their resources on the past 10 years will be done away with for the most part and they can concentrate on making a really good addons be it scenery, aircraft or weather engines. Anyone who doesnt like this scenario, is free to stick to the old FSX ways.It will continue to work but making it better has finally come to an end for bigger and better things.

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

So they caught all of you. Looks you are used to suffer because all you had was a 10 years old incomplete sim, without a real alternative.

I don`t know if some you are playing other Simulators or Games.

If they are going to do like you said, they will fail. Because the majority of the new customers are used to get games/sims that have almost everything included. They buy also DLC but only goodies and not essential parts of the game.

At least the graphics,scenery and so on should be at todays level and not 10 years ago.

I don`t think there will be PMDG Airliner included from DTG. But  something going in that direction, otherwise they will also fail: See MSFlight.

At least the graphics,scenery and so on should be at todays level and not 10 years ago.
I don`t think there will be PMDG Airliner included from DTG. But  something going in that direction, otherwise they will also fail:

That is a ridiculous comment on more than one count.  First off, DTG have been clear on more than one occasion that they have not yet shown the newly implemented scenery.  What we are seeing is not the newly rendered scenery. Why would DTG include a PMDG style airliner?  No sim, present or passed every did.

• Upvote 2

DTG have been clear on more than one occasion that they have not yet shown the newly implemented scenery.

Exactly, and they said they will not implement that into Fligth School.

Why would DTG include a PMDG style airliner? No sim, present or passed every did.

Maybe thats the reason why they all failed at the mass market.

Have look to Rally Simulator "DiRT Rally".

They failed year after year and now they finally made a hardcore and realistic Rally Sim that is accepted by all people and they sell it well beyond expectations, and of course DLC.