Apologies if this has already been answered.

Everywhere I check, Saitek yokes and throttles are out of stock. Anyone have any news that I may have missed as to when they will start shipping again?

JTW

Indiana

For what its worth... and based on prior promises might take it with a grain of salt. Obviously some issues....

http://www.avsim.com/topic/483255-saitek-supply-problems/page-2#entry3374757

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Saitek yokes seem to be readily available (at least in Australia) but throttles are out of stock world-wide until "April 2016" due to "manufacturing delays".

Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Good heavens. Glad I got them. They were expensive enough 2 yrs ago in Canada. $249.00 cdn. for thr yoke.$98.00 for the extra throttle control. 

Captain to First Officer: " I didn't say it was your fault I am just blaming you " 

Saitek yokes seem to be readily available (at least in Australia) but throttles are out of stock world-wide until "April 2016" due to "manufacturing delays".

Bruceb

In a separate thread I posted here this past week I reported as a result of my call to Saitek USA support line I was told the manufacturing is moving from one factory to another in China and that production will resume in May 2016.  FWIW

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

See the Saitek post in Hangar Chat which flagged  serious financial problems and precipitate departure of CEO and VP.

So I would guess there isn't the cash flow to maintain product inventory levels. The factory switch in China may therefore be a result of the problems, not the root cause (which according to the financial press stemmed from the failure of a non-flightsim product - so not our fault :) )

For one I would hope Saitek/Madcatz would take the opportunity to make some product engineering changes.  Especially address the issues many have had with Windows Advanced Power Management.

My pedals are great! My Pro Cessna Yoke is solidly built, and I like the way it clamps,  but I agree with those who do not like the strong return-to-center on the X and Y axes.  I also do not like the way the hat switch aligns.  It pans with great horizontal control for me in one direction but is difficult to control in the other direction. Would also like to see a floating rocker switch on the left handle that is more consistent with a yoke positioned vertical trim control.

And can devices like this work and thrive via Bluetooth?

Frank Patton
ASUS 

For one I would hope Saitek/Madcatz would take the opportunity to make some product engineering changes.  Especially address the issues many have had with Windows Advanced Power Management.

My pedals are great! My Pro Cessna Yoke is solidly built, and I like the way it clamps,  but I agree with those who do not like the strong return-to-center on the X and Y axes.  I also do not like the way the hat switch aligns.  It pans with great horizontal control for me in one direction but is difficult to control in the other direction. Would also like to see a floating rocker switch on the left handle that is more consistent with a yoke positioned vertical trim control.

And can devices like this work and thrive via Bluetooth?

Not bluetooth but we are developing low frequency high throughput wireless protocols for this very reason... Imagine no more wires other than power...

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Not bluetooth but we are developing low frequency high throughput wireless protocols for this very reason... Imagine no more wires other than power...

Using local wireless network protocol?

Frank Patton
ASUS 

Using local wireless network protocol?

A new wireless standard 802.11AD

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

LOL! At 4X list price if they do have any available.

Frank Patton
ASUS 

Bruceb

Where did you get the April date? I contacted Saitek directly, back in January and was told "late January, early February." Well, it's late February right now, and still nothing. I tried contacting Saitek again and this time they aren't returning my queries. It would be very nice if Saitek would comment on this publicly, since there are a whole lot of us who use their products. Else, there may be a mutiny, if and when someone comes out with a competing product and a fair price. We're getting tired of this, ya know.

Did you see that e-Bay ad? One hundred and four sold, at $445.88 per? Damn!

Saitek Pro Flight Three Lever Throttle Quadrant PZ45 by Mad Catz ** PS2 type **
  • $445.88
  • Buy It Now
  • 104 sold

-= Gary Barth =-

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg