Sign in to follow this  
Helix1250

The future of Vox

I know there is speculation over the future development of this great bit of software. I know, like many others we all hope Vox continues to move forward and not be left to vanish from circulation.

I hope we get a update on future releases soon.

Rob

Vox ATC? Dev never really announces anything, usually someone from here stumbles on an update but he does keep updating

ZORAN

Expect the worst, hope for the best. For me its the best atc app out there, but communication about its direction and timescales could be much improved! K

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

I agree Vox ATC is by far the best I have used, I would hate to loose it. I just wish some of the bugs would be sorted out, and of course comuncation and information.

I will live in hope, but might consider looking for alternatives if the worse happens.

Rob

I received this email from Tegwyn back in October.  I think others have had more recent responses from him.  Knowing how software development goes... I'm waiting patiently.  I know He'll come through for us.

Hello

We are working on a new version of VoxATC that will work with P3D V3.
But release is a couple of months away.

Regards

Tegwyn West

Well I know I sent him an email about six month ago and never got a reply, like wise for the one I sent three weeks ago. So as others have stated, product support is a tad on the sparce side shall we say.

I am assuming that response from Tegwyn stating a new version was two months away was from October 2015!? If it is, time must pass slowly in that neck of the woods is all I can say as it almost March 2016 :)

Like others I'll wait for news, mean time I'm testing other ATC programs.

Rob

I received this email from Tegwyn back in October.  I think others have had more recent responses from him.  Knowing how software development goes... I'm waiting patiently.  I know He'll come through for us.

Hello

We are working on a new version of VoxATC that will work with P3D V3.

But release is a couple of months away.

Regards

Tegwyn West

That's odd, He never puts his family name in the emails...

Time to time someone says that the developer has told that a new version is on the way. I do not believe anything.

That's odd, He never puts his family name in the emails...

He has always used his full name in the emails I have had from him... :Thinking:

He has always used his full name in the emails I have had from him... :Thinking:

Not in my emails

Sometimes I think about going back to v2.5.  I miss it that much.  Rather have VOX and 2.5 instead of v3 and no VOX if it looks like there won't be an update.  I've got ten IVONA voices sitting on a shelf and am itching to hear them again.

Forever indebted to the late Michael Greenblatt of FSGS.

Use the Migration Tool for now. I see absolutely no different bahaviour from using p3d 2,5 compared to v3 with the Migration Tool install. Sure there are issues, but no other than those that has always been, at least for me.

mike

Well yesterday I sent Tegwyn a very polite email, just asking if he can confirm OR deny the rumours and speculation around the next update(s).

Sadly I feel that I will not get a reply, I hope he proves me wrong however!

Rob

Use the Migration Tool for now. I see absolutely no different bahaviour from using p3d 2,5 compared to v3 with the Migration Tool install. Sure there are issues, but no other than those that has always been, at least for me.

mike

Installation with the Migration Tool is no solution. Apart from many issues I have since P3DV3 a heavy great timelag between my inputs and VOX reactions. Sometimes VOX completely ignore the input (by the way, there is no difference between voice or keyboard entry). Using VOX and GEX at the same flight > CTD with or without FSUIPC. No or in best case too late trafficwarning. And often VOX hang up during flight.

That makes no fun.

Helge

Migration tool (latest version) worked fine for me - no problems with VOX whatsoever... just need to make sure you have it enabled when changing any VOX settings, running the VOX tools etc, as well as for the initial installation.

Darren Morris