Sign in to follow this  
Helix1250

The future of Vox

Migration tool (latest version) worked fine for me - no problems with VOX whatsoever... just need to make sure you have it enabled when changing any VOX settings, running the VOX tools etc, as well as for the initial installation.

Good for you.

And let me tell you, what I did as you said and furthermore four times completely new installed to solve the probs but without luck. All was done before I posted under #14.

And Im not the only one with VOX problems under MigrationTool. Others claimed in similar way. Someones aren't able to finnish the initial run without hang up of the installer.

What's why im said the Migration Tool isn't the solution. If it runs fine for you - be happy. Unfortunately not for me.

Good for you.
And let me tell you...

was only trying to help with some practical advice

• Upvote 1

Darren Morris

was only trying to help with some practical advice

Non offense meant. Sry if it got wrong. Only frustrated by VOX and without really alternative (yes I know PF3 and Proatc/x and Pilot2atc ...).

no probs....  i feel the same when things don't work. The fact that it works for some points to something else interfering.. windows UAC, antivirus software? tried running VOX and p3D as admin?

Darren Morris

Hi,

Was going to give this a try, but have a question. I like the idea of hearing other (AI traffic) radio transmissions as well as my own, it means you have to keep on your toes listening for your call-sign. Since I run my sim with zero AI Traffic I'd end up hearing noting from Vox ATC other than my commands and I'd have to listen to canned audio files that don't usually match the environment. Is it possible to run AI traffic (flightplans only) at 100% just to utilize VoxATC's radio transmissions; kind of make VoxATC think all the aircraft exist in the sim, even though the textures aren't loaded. These added textures (just for the use of audio transmissions) would cause an increased burden on the computer.

That would be something I'd purchase. VoxATC type voice interface with actual (seasonal updates) airliner flight plans for AI aircraft, something along the lines of Flight 1 Ultimate Traffic real world flight plans so I can listen to traffic on my freq without the system burden of producing actual AI traffic within the sim itself. AND have the ability to interact with ATC via voice myself all in one program. With the ability to allow actual AI aircraft textures to be loaded in the sim if the end user so desires.

This would give me actual (albeit robotic) radio traffic with my aircraft intermixed with real world airliner traffic from gate to gate. Naturally, AI Traffic and myself would be required to tune in the correct freq in the comm radio depending on phase of flight.

Thanks

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Do you want the atc to talk with "invisible planes"? I think is not posible.

I will use liveatc for this.

Hi,

That is exactly what I want... I run the resources in my sim at the very limit of today's hardware. My resolution is 11520x2160 via three 78" 4K UHDTV's, I do not want to take away from other settings just to add AI airliner traffic. I would however, like to add the realism of actual airliner radio traffic, that should be a "minimal" hit on my setup and I'll be able to enjoy the benefits of actual airliner traffic no matter where I go in the sim with no hit in performance.

Tuning in live ATC from within the sim is not possible.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

I understand you very well.

It take me arround 1 year to set up my PC for the sim.

Finally i got it, now i have a balance between visual and performance.

I use Mytraffic for the IA planes. The performance is a lot better thar default IA planes.

Anyway, try the demo, and test it well because if you find something that not work as you expect, it may be never repaired.

The support of voxatc is the worst support I've seen in the world of simulation

Is it possible to run AI traffic (flightplans only) at 100% just to utilize VoxATC's radio transmissions; kind of make VoxATC think all the aircraft exist in the sim, even though the textures aren't loaded

funny as I have been thinking along the same lines and are halfway to a solution. What I dislike when I purchase a large payware airport is that it is unrealistically void of all aircraft, but like you, I don't want my sim to suffer in terms of performance by enabling AI. So I've been working on a tool to populate any given airport with static models. The performance of static models versus AI is vast. For example I can go from an empty EGLL Heathrow to full capacity of static models, so every gate/ramp with an aircraft, and there is no impact to fps - not that I am visually aware of anyway. It looks fantastic to see so many aircraft. Here's a top-down view of EGLL (SimWings) almost full, I think I set it to around 80% capacity:

So then the other half of the story is that the airport now lacks realistic audio i.e. ATC - my intention is to remove all the models from the AI aircraft, theoretically this should prevent them rendering, just haven't got round to trying it yet as I've been focusing on the airport population tool. Hopefully get around to giving it a go this weekend.

Darren Morris

Hi Darren,

That is the "EXACT" tool I'm looking for, with the ability to block static AI aircraft from my DEP-ARR gates. A static aircraft, VoxATC combo program. Would be nice if we had a tool that would add static airliner aircraft into P3D3 airports in one install, with the ability to take any parking spot from AI and have that aircraft removed. Add Vox ATC real airliner transmissions on the correct freq. during all phases of flight without the added burden of loading AI aircraft textures and I'm in.

I'd pay for that!.

Hi Mike, as mentioned in my previous post I was able to test removing the AI model this weekend. It successfully stopped the rendering of the AI aircraft but there is still the performance impact on the sim - frame rate will intermittently drop by 5-6 fps causing some stuttering. I will investigate further. Having so much radio traffic was great - as you had said previously Mike - I really had to keep on my toes not to miss a transmission!

Darren Morris

Migration tool (latest version) worked fine for me - no problems with VOX whatsoever... just need to make sure you have it enabled when changing any VOX settings, running the VOX tools etc, as well as for the initial installation.

Everything worked?.... Including the FO handling and tuning the radios?

I have it working in P3dv3.1, WITHOUT the FO; I have to turn the radios. The FS2 Crew reboot FO WILL set the frequency when I tell him/her. When I reply vocally everything is cool.

The VOXATC FO problem seems to be a common one P3Dv3.x. The "K", doesn't bring her up most often, and when she does, she won't tune the radios, or transponder.

I am up for reinstalling if VOXATC "works fine"...but I am loath to reinstall if he doesn't give me added benefits, since even without the first officer, I really love flying with VoxATC.

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

Yes Chas, FO working fine. I have FO assigned to a joystick button. When pressed, the red FO box in the voxatc panel turns green and from hereonin will handle all tuning/transmissions.

Darren Morris

Yes Chas, FO working fine. I have FO assigned to a joystick button. When pressed, the red FO box in the voxatc panel turns green and from hereonin will handle all tuning/transmissions.

Suuuupaaaaaaa!

....so sorry...just finished Downton Abbey.....got carried away...

Thanks so much!

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

Well this thread stating as future of VoxATC has turned into how to fix your P3D V3 install of Vox!!! Nicely hijacked folks!

And just to say it's been two weeks now and no reply from Tegwyn! So now switched to PF3 with MCE for voice control. Works perfectly! And support is on hand pretty much all the time had replies from developers within 6 hours so far :) AND both work with P3D V3 for those who use it! Happy fiddling with your migration tools chaps!!

I'll see you in the sky's one day if Vox works for you :)

Rob