Sign in to follow this  
Demious

Saitek Radio and Multi panel LCDs problem

I have 4 Saitek panels, Radio 1, Radio 2, Multi and Switch and Radio 2 and Switch panel work fine, but Radio 1 and Multi panels dont give proper reading on the LCD screens.

The Radio give a readout, but it's messed up, the LEDs flicker and dont read actual numbers and the illuminated LEDs differ from time to time and the Multi panel LCD gives backlighting, but nothing else.

This started when I connected the VRInsight MPC (version 1).

I dont have any drivers installed, I use it through LINDA and that seems to work fine with just connecting the MPC.

Can this be a problem caused by not having the drivers installed? Or might something be messing up SPAD?

I dont have a clue where to start looking for the problem or a fix, if someone could help me out would be great.

Cheers!

Maarten

Hi,

You might try to disconnecting some of them and try them individually.  Sometimes the USB function gets overloaded.  Happened to me with my radio panel.  It had the backlight but no digital displays.  Plugged it into a different usb port and it was ok after that.  Don't really understand why.  I use SPAD and I don't have any drivers installed.

Jim

I tried and disconnected all controllers, except for the 2 I'm having trouble with, but as soon as P3D has loaded the flight and data is send to the Radio and Multi panel, I get the same result, I'm afraid...

Thanks for your input, though. :)

Cheers!

Maarten

i don't mean to hijack this discussion and perhaps there is another forum I should checkout so I'll apologize in advance of my posting:

I am running a licensed copy of FSUIPC w/ P3d v3.1

I just got my first 3 panels for my birthday (radio panel, switch panel and multi flight panel )and have yet to connect them.

I would like to use them w/ my A2A 172, PMDG 737NGX & T7 and Majestic Q400

How should I proceed?

You Guys using powered usb hub - they may not work properly without power 

i don't mean to hijack this discussion and perhaps there is another forum I should checkout so I'll apologize in advance of my posting:

Try this for starters - out of the box they dont work but maybe on A2A

Rich Sennett

You can try my tool for setting APM on the Saitek ports. Run the tool, check the boxes, and exit to save. Then power off the lot, USB hubs too. Then power up the hubs and switch on the PC.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

You can try my tool for setting APM on the Saitek ports. Run the tool, check the boxes, and exit to save. Then power off the lot, USB hubs too. Then power up the hubs and switch on the PC.

Excellent Steve - didnt know of this - used something else use this next time - must tool when using WIN10 - especially after a major WIN10 update as it resets it - thank you

Rich Sennett

You're welcome Rich. There's a powershell script around that blanket changes everything, but with my tool you can set or unset whichever Saitek item you want.

You're welcome Rich. There's a powershell script around that blanket changes everything, but with my tool you can set or unset whichever Saitek item you want.

Wow nice - you are a legend - luv that Idealflight  :wink:

Rich Sennett

especially after a major WIN10 update as it resets it

Ah, good to know. I turned them off manually, but I didnt know it would be turned on after update.

Great tool, thanks! This makes it a lot easier.

But still, not all of my problems were fixed with setting APM again. On my multipanel I've got text, VS and ALT work fully, but CRS, HDG and IAS now do give the parameter name on the left side of the LCD, but only with a 0 on the right. The 0 flickers slightly when turning the knob, but it doesnt change.

The Radio panel gives the right reading when I start up P3D and at first, it seems to work fine, but after changing values a couple of times, the problem returns. The same thing happens, but now not for COM1, the COM1 works fine, now. COM2, NAV1 and 2, ADF, DME and XPDR still have the problem mentioned above, or they show the COM1 values... This differs per time I run through them.

Only when going through the same pages on my second Radio panel, all work fine, so it's specific to Radio1.

In SPAD I can see that P3D send the correct value, so it seems that the problem has to be found between SPAD and the panels. I checked all connections, but those are fine and the hubs are powered. I tried to reinstall SPAD, but no changes...

Cheers!

Maarten

Couple of issues I have ran into regarding Saitek stuff.

1) Saitek units do not like USB 3.0. If you have 2.0 ports use them.

2) Use a powered USB hub (preferably use USB 2.0)

3) for some reason I have had strange issues kind of like what you describe after disconnecting / reconnecting the units if I do not restart the computer right after I power up the computer for the first time.

Good luck

Couple of issues I have ran into regarding Saitek stuff.

1) Saitek units do not like USB 3.0. If you have 2.0 ports use them.

2) Use a powered USB hub (preferably use USB 2.0)

3) for some reason I have had strange issues kind of like what you describe after disconnecting / reconnecting the units if I do not restart the computer right after I power up the computer for the first time.

Good luck

Very good forgot that - but I do have mine plugged into usb 3.0 but hub itself is 2.0 powered - try changing hub into 2.0 or 3.0 usb position in back of computer - I did notice I had to try all kinds of combinations to get it to work properly on my motherboard after I did I write it down so I dont forget or the fun starts all over 

Rich Sennett

2 Hubs are connected to USB 2.0 ports on the back, which carry my Saitek panels Yoke and CH throttle. Those HUBs are self-powered.

I've got 4 USB 3.0 ports on the back, which carry Saitek Rudder pedals, Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel, VRI T&T and external hard-disc. The ones on the front should be USB 2.0/3.0, which carry keyboard, mouse, tablet and MPC. But since the USB 3.0 drivers arent installed, everything should be running USB 2.0.

As they were, it always worked perfectly. I've got this PC for nearly a year and always in the same setup (except for the MPC), so the setup shouldnt be the problem, since it worked fine for a year. The panels' HUBs are connected to USB 2.0, but still I tried several other setups. I saw that several drivers reinstalled, but still no improvement, whatsoever...

This problem seems to be a nasty one :(

Cheers!

Maarten

But since the USB 3.0 drivers arent installed, everything should be running USB 2.0.

A USB 3 port is a USB 3 port! Can you plug the USB Powered hub into a USB 2 port?