Sign in to follow this  
RoyH

FSX Re-Install on SSD

Hi

I have Windows 7 on my C:/drive and my D  drive is an SSD which  has all my flight sim software.  This is FSX, REX;  ORBX Global; ORBX  England, Scotland, Wales, & Ireland plus 10 airports. Add on aircraft are PMDG 737NGX + 600/700 expansion pack,  A2A Cessna 172 & Carenado B58.

Due to a system crash I have had to re-format the C:/ drive and re-install Windows 7.

I know I have to re-install FSX,  will I have to re-install ORBX and REX  or could I copy them first to an external drive and then back into FSX ?  

Is it okay to format an SSD ?

Regards

Roy

You will have lost your registry entries for ORBX and REX etc, they will not run so it's a reinstall for them.

I personally have never formatted an SSD drive - some will say yes.

Denis B

Don't know how many gigs on the SSD, but your OS ideally should be on an SSD for faster loading,  both in the short-term and the long-term - HD'S wear out over time.  And your D: drive sould already be formatted - FS  files were, or are, still on there?   

If you want a clean SSD totally erased, then format - but watch some UTUBE tutorials first though...