Sign in to follow this  
A340-4

DX 10 Fixer Diagnostics warning

Hello;

When I run the diagnostics on DX10 Fixer, i get a message saying 'BE AWARE! Non Standard scenary/world/texture/detail1.bmp- if this doesnt have mipmaps terrain will badly shimmer/look grainy' Any ideas and or solutions on what it may be? 

Thank you. 

If your terrain looks fine,no worry about this message,i have this warning to.

I have a rebuild detail1.bmp by my own.

Jan

Hello and Thank you Jan;

My terrain looks fine sometimes and other times looks a bit blurry, not sure why. I also have isseus with the sun sometimes, as it appears with big bright squares around it. Hopefully Steve will be able to tell the cause and a possible solution. 

Thank you. 

Be aware is below a warning, as stated you have a non standard detail1.bmp which most of the time is fine. However somewhere on the web there is one which isn't mipmapped and causes the ground to swirl and shimmer. If you see no issues then ignore this.

For your sun issue enable missing texture alert in fsx.cfg and see if anything is reported missing

For your sun issue enable missing texture alert in fsx.cfg and see if anything is reported missing

If I may ask, how do you enable missing texture alert? I searched but could not find anything like that in my fsx.cfg.  Do I have to add something to my fsx.cfg file?

Thx,

Al

Hello Steve;

Thank you, I have the same question as Ark, how to enable an missing texture alert? 

Thank you very much, 

Best 

Edit: Ok, I have found it. Its in DX10 Fixer settings, then FSX settings and have to tick the option to enable missing texture alert. I have ticket that. After I have ran the diagnostics report, but nothing new was shown. 

Thanks 

After turning on missing texture alert, load fsx and look at the sun until you see the squares that you refer to, if a texture is missing the. You will get a popup in fsx. Turn it off when you have finished testing