Sign in to follow this  
Casualcas

Not a product, but your Fav?

I'm not interested in your favorite product, but of GA aircraft, what is your fav of each to fly. RL Or Sim

Pick a high wing single GA =

Pick a low wing single GA =

Pick a light Twin GA =

Simming comment from me - sadly no PPL in real life. :sad:

High wing single GA = A2A C182 Skylane with Accu-sim. Really immersive and needs careful management. Wonderful aircraft.

Low wing single GA = Lancair Legacy. Really open cockpit, great views all round and just a joy to fly.

Light Twin GA = Lancair Duke Turbine V2. Needs careful attention but rewards me with a really satisfying flight experience when landed.

.. and of course, all of them have magnificent visuals!

Rupert

Best regards

Rupert

Just wondering what people fly for use. Getting ready for a vfr tour around the US. Want something to get in and out of short runways, something for longer distances,no need for gps, looking for a small hanger. Maybe a pilatus Pc-6? Can't decide

Just wondering what people fly for use. Getting ready for a vfr tour around the US. Want something to get in and out of short runways, something for longer distances,no need for gps, looking for a small hanger. Maybe a pilatus Pc-6? Can't decide

Light twin; Carenado C337, because that's the only twin I fly.

Low wing single; Carenado Beech Bonanza, same reason as above.

High wing single; Carenado C182 for me.  I haven't tried the A2A C182, but maybe someday.

The speed of a light twin and gets me in and out of just about anywhere I want to go.

All have updated FDEs, etc.

Ernie

'

Ernest Pergrem

Did the faa change the classification on the 337. Thought for awhile it was still a "single" but I can see that. 337 hmmmm

Sim only:

Pick a high wing single GA = Carenado C185 (could toss the Sibwings An-2 in here as well)

Pick a low wing single GA = Aerosoft / Marcel Felde's  4X DA20-100 (lots of good choices out there, but it's still my fav)

Pick a light Twin GA = Aerosoft Twin Otter Extended (not exactly 'light', but it's almost the only smaller twin I fly)

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Cessna t210 is only 5 knots slower than a 310r. Any 210's for sale? Lol

Cessna t210 is only 5 knots slower than a 310r. Any 210's for sale? Lol

If you're talking about availability for FSX, Carenado has an older CT210M.  Can't speak for it, however, as I've never owned it.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

This is going to be a tough choice. The all around choice for this tour.

Did the faa change the classification on the 337. Thought for awhile it was still a "single" but I can see that. 337 hmmmm

Best I could find was that the FAA requires a "Airplane Multiengine Land Limited To Center Thrust" rating to fly it.

Ernest Pergrem

I think I've limited my goto hanger to the:

High wing = Pilatus pc6

Low wing = Mooney

Light twin = I really haven't decided.

Only an armchair pilot here. Does a small turboprop qualify for a light twin albeit an expensive and almost too heavy?

Piaggio P180 Avanti or Avanti II

It's fast, beautiful IMO, you can take 6 friends along.....  but I'm unsure if its take off and landing rolls are short enough - just less than 3000 feet?

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)