Sign in to follow this  
spilok

What's your percentage of planes in UTX2?

Curious....What percentage of commercial and general aircraft do you set in UTX2?  I know this affects frames, and I noticed a HUGE difference in frame rates when I temporarily uninstalled UTX2.  It definitely affects frames and I still want to have it on my system.   I reinstalled and cut the traffic to 50%.

Stan

Hi Stan.

First it's just UT2. UTX2 is a second version of UTX which is a vector type product and doesn't include AI traffic.

Second, I run my airlines at 70% and GA at 10% when flying airliners into big hubs. When flying GA planes into GA airports I change the settings to 10% airlines and 100% GA.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Are we talking about the UT2 settings or the FSX settings ?

Are we talking about the UT2 settings or the FSX settings ?

There is nothing to set in FSX if your using UT2 since it injects it's own traffic outside of any FSX settings.

However, if your using other bgl based traffic in addition to UT2, then you need to set your FSX traffic sliders according to how much of that traffic you want to show up.

Curious....What percentage of commercial and general aircraft do you set in UTX2? I know this affects frames, and I noticed a HUGE difference in frame rates when I temporarily uninstalled UTX2. It definitely affects frames and I still want to have it on my system. I reinstalled and cut the traffic to 50%.

Stan

Stan, in addition to my first post to you, there are also a couple other settings to check.

1. Turn of the option to have the AI use the animated jetways at airports that have them. This is a known performance hit if you have jetways moving to connect to AI, especially at large airports.

2. Check the UI for the total amount of aircraft to spawn. You can set it as low or as high as you want. I set mine to spawn no more than 100 AI in my vicinity.

3. Also check the UI setting for altitude at which AI on the ground won't be visible. This helps if your over flying airports and don't want to take the hit on performance. The AI will reappear once you go below the assigned altitude.

4. Make sure all the UT2 aircraft textures are mip mapped. There's an automated tool on the UT2 forum that you can download to do this.

Those are some tips that came to mind that should help.

I personally only notice a few FPS hit from UT2. For example, flying the NGX into FSDT KJFK with traffic set to 70%, I can usually maintain 25 to 30 FPS with no issue. That's in a 2600k running at 3.8ghz.

For Ultimate Traffic 2 in FSX I use 90% commercial traffic, 20% GA traffic.  I used to use more GA traffic, but the last timetable added a ton of GA traffic.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

I have the airliner traffic set @ 100%, but I have disabled animated jetways because they are not important to me. I think I have the number of AI planes set at 350, and I think the altitude to see them is 18000 feet. I also (as far as I am aware) do not use mip mapped textures for my AI models, and I have hundreds of them! Framerates with these settings are good enough for me at the largest and busiest airports (and I can see 100+ AI planes at Gatwick and Heathrow early in the morning).

I have GA planes disabled in UT2, and use a setting of 30% for BGL based GA traffic.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I use the developers recommended settings of 30% for MyTraffic6.  UTX2 is tough on fps but so is other similar products.  Are you using it with GEX?  NickN has posted his settings for UTX2 in the GEX/UTX forum and I use those settings.  Still, high autogen settings will be hard on your fps.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Stan,

The real control of # of planes is Aircraft to Spawn.  In my understanding, the % setting is linked to specific UT2 flights .  You see a % next to each flight and this basically acts as the gatekeeper of when you will see this particular flight spawn.  So if a flight is 85% it means that you will only see this flight if your # setting is 85% or above.  Again, this is just my understanding based on reading their forums.  

Ilya

Ilya Eydis, PPL, ASEL

UT2, not UTX2.

Thanks Christopher.  All these abbreviations.  Have to stop speed reading as it is not working... 

Sorry Stan for hijacking your topic.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

UT2, not UTX2.

I thought I had clarified that in the first post to Stan, kol.

First it's just UT2. UTX2 is a second version of UTX which is a vector type product and doesn't include AI traffic.

Stan,

The real control of # of planes is Aircraft to Spawn. In my understanding, the % setting is linked to specific UT2 flights . You see a % next to each flight and this basically acts as the gatekeeper of when you will see this particular flight spawn. So if a flight is 85% it means that you will only see this flight if your # setting is 85% or above. Again, this is just my understanding based on reading their forums.

Ilya

Kind of. You first set the density of airliner and GA percentages. So say you set airline to 90% and GA to 50%, if your in the New York City area with lots of airports close to each other this could result in hundreds of planes being spawned. However if your somewhere desolate, then there might only be 20 to 40 planes in the area. The UI setting for Max Number of Planes to spawn puts a hard cap on it. So, if your in NYC and have the 90/50 mix, you can cap it at no more than 100 planes or whatever number you desire, but in a remote area the cap wont come into play since there is not more than that number to be spawned anyway.

Kind of. You first set the density of airliner and GA percentages. So say you set airline to 90% and GA to 50%, if your in the New York City area with lots of airports close to each other this could result in hundreds of planes being spawned. However if your somewhere desolate, then there might only be 20 to 40 planes in the area. The UI setting for Max Number of Planes to spawn puts a hard cap on it. So, if your in NYC and have the 90/50 mix, you can cap it at no more than 100 planes or whatever number you desire, but in a remote area the cap wont come into play since there is not more than that number to be spawned anyway

Right, that is what I said.  The Aircraft to Spawn is the ultimate control value for the # of planes.  The value I'm referring to is Density.  Many people did not understand what this value meant when looking at flights in UT2.  The value means that the flight will only be displayed when the Traffic Density is set to a value at or below the figure listed.

Ilya

Ilya Eydis, PPL, ASEL

Thank You.  Lots of great information for me to work with.  Much appreciated.

Stan

2. Check the UI for the total amount of aircraft to spawn. You can set it as low or as high as you want. I set mine to spawn no more than 100 AI in my vicinity.

3. Also check the UI setting for altitude at which AI on the ground won't be visible. This helps if your over flying airports and don't want to take the hit on performance. The AI will reappear once you go below the assigned altitude.

Where are these options??

Tom

Where are these options??

They're in the UT2 UI. Attached is a screen shot to help you locate. If you still can't find the setting or what they do you many need to read the manual. I'm not at my sim computer, so the attached screen is the best I can do.

Untitled-1_zps21ca1a0f.jpg