Sign in to follow this  
DylanM

MFAA and P3D - works great in the new drivers

Tested and, imho, MFAA not work with P3D.

GTX980.

That's what i thought mfaa has never worked with p3d only msaa in the UI and SGSS with NVI. Maybe Rob anscough can chime in. He knows more about this kinda thing than God himself

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Ron, it's actually applied to P3D for a while (MFAA works beyond the applications on the official whitelist). You could tell it was working because jaggies and shimmering would drop, but there we very visible z buffer artifacts when looking through semi transparent objects.

One thing to note is that it doesn't work on SLI though (for any application)...

To be honest I was skeptical about MFAA working with Prepar3d.

But it works (yellow : FPS)

MFAA.png

To be honest I was skeptical about MFAA working with Prepar3d.

But it works (yellow : FPS)

Nice Rock - interesting did it help with overall smoothness in sim also ?

Rich Sennett

Where is the MFAA setting....is it in NVI or Nvidia Control Panel?

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Its in both doesnt seem to do much anyway here - still have to turn up SGS

Rich Sennett

Its in both doesnt seem to do much anyway here - still have to turn up SGS

OK, are you running 4XSGSS or 2X and what card are you using, Im on the 980TI Strix from Asus...with my 970 I couldnt get anywhere near 4XSGSS in the clouds.

Ron Hamilton

OK, are you running 4XSGSS or 2X and what card are you using, Im on the 980TI Strix from Asus...with my 970 I couldnt get anywhere near 4XSGSS in the clouds.

Hold on get screenshot for you - Rob and Steve are using these settings now also

4x and 4x in sim and fxaa off

nwihzk.jpg

Rich Sennett

Yup - right in the Nvidia Control panel under 3D settings.

Rich, thank you, question though...is there a reason why you dont use 8XMASS in the Sim instead of 4X?

Ron Hamilton

Rich, thank you, question though...is there a reason why you dont use 8XMASS in the Sim instead of 4X?

I havent tried that - what should 4x setting be if I want to try it - thanks Ron

What is 8xmass

Rich Sennett

I havent tried that - what should 4x setting be if I want to try it - thanks Ron

What is 8xmass

sorry I meant 8XMSAA in the P3D UI. Is there a reason why you use 4MSAA...I use 8X but I don't know why I just assumed higher was better.

Ron Hamilton

sorry I meant 8XMSAA in the P3D UI. Is there a reason why you use 4MSAA...I use 8X but I don't know why I just assumed higher was better.

Not much of a difference so I use the lesser for obvious reasons   :wink: I always match Ansiotropic with MSAA in P3D menu - 4x and 4x which matches NI settings 4x SGSS and you should try that if you are not

Rich Sennett