Sign in to follow this  
damienw

Jeppesen Flightstar/Flitemap

Hello Everyone,

Was just wondering, does anyone here use Jeppesen Flightstar/Flitemap for their flight planning purposes etc ?

Regards

That's real life stuff, isn't it? I don't it. I think most here use something like PFPX with Navigraph or NavDataPro databases. 

Sorry, misunderstood the question: I thought it said 'does everyone use'... My bad.

Hello Everyone,

Was just wondering, does anyone here use Jeppesen Flightstar/Flitemap for their flight planning purposes etc ?

Regards

Yes its awesome ... you can see your position on map, tarmac ,gate , on the approache plate etc in real time with windows , work with xplane

For planning, I use Professional Flight Planner X (PFPX) but my charts and tracking comes through Jeppesen on my iPad.

Hi Folks,

Yeah - seems like most of the real EFB's are compatible with FS these days...

Just this week I noticed my Garmin Pilot has X-Plane comms built in... You can make it work with MSFS via FSUIPC setup as well...

ForeFlight can connect via an external program to MSFS... Only one that provides AI traffic that I'm aware of...

Wing-X has it built in for X-Plane and MSFS I think - haven't used it though...

FltPlan GO I think would be the best for most people in FS - since it's the only FREE source for geo-referenced approach plates and taxi diagrams that I'm aware of... Built in comms for X-Plane and MSFS...

They really do add a great deal to the sim... For IFR flights - I almost always use the real world most approved ATC routes for the altitude I'm flying - most of my time is in GA though flying regional Commercial Air once in a while...

Regards,
Scott 

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

For planning, I use Professional Flight Planner X (PFPX) but my charts and tracking comes through Jeppesen on my iPad.

May I ask what app we are talking about here...?

That's real life stuff, isn't it? I don't it. I think most here use something like PFPX with Navigraph or NavDataPro databases. 

Sorry, misunderstood the question: I thought it said 'does everyone use'... My bad.

No Worries !

Yes its awesome ... you can see your position on map, tarmac ,gate , on the approache plate etc in real time with windows , work with xplane

How do you get the EFB to receive the data from P3D/ FSX (i'm assuming they work the same) ?

Hi Folks,

Yeah - seems like most of the real EFB's are compatible with FS these days...

Just this week I noticed my Garmin Pilot has X-Plane comms built in... You can make it work with MSFS via FSUIPC setup as well...

ForeFlight can connect via an external program to MSFS... Only one that provides AI traffic that I'm aware of...

Wing-X has it built in for X-Plane and MSFS I think - haven't used it though...

FltPlan GO I think would be the best for most people in FS - since it's the only FREE source for geo-referenced approach plates and taxi diagrams that I'm aware of... Built in comms for X-Plane and MSFS...

They really do add a great deal to the sim... For IFR flights - I almost always use the real world most approved ATC routes for the altitude I'm flying - most of my time is in GA though flying regional Commercial Air once in a while...

Regards,

Scott 

Would you mind elaborating a bit on how you make P3D/FSX/X-Plance talk to the EFB please. I'd like to try it.

May I ask what app we are talking about here...?

Jeppesen FliteMap & Flitedeck

Regards

With Fsuipc GPS out and virtual serial port , get the right com port .....

X plane its in the equipement setting

Morn'n Damien,

Unless you have one of the programs mentioned here because you fly for real - they are pretty expensive products used in real world aviation... Most vendors see the benefit of making them compatible with FS because many pilots enjoy flight sim and like to use the same tools they use in the cockpit...

That said - there is one exception to the expensive part - that's "FltPlan GO" - as it's completely free... You have to creat an account on their website - added bonus - they have tons of real world flight profiles for mostly GA and Corporate Jets which I use all the time for FS... Then on your iPad you need to go to the App Store and download their app "FltPlan GO" (someone mentioned not available in European App Store) and install it... Finally when you want to use it with FS you have to launch the program and it sends your GPS position from the sim to the iPad over WiFi - so you can use your EFB as you would in the cockpit... Works great and includes all geo-referenced approach plates for free - which is normally an additional expense for an EFB...

Here is the in depth discussion if interested:

http://www.avsim.com/topic/471387-fltplan-go-app-for-ipad-way-cool/?p=3265491

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7