Sign in to follow this  
mbunjes

Bug in approach reference page ?

When you enter an approach in the FMC, the approach reference page gives you the ils frequency and the approach course. So far so good.

However when you change your mind (or it is changed for you) and you enter for example  the reciprocal course in the arrival page, the approach reference page does not change, it is not updated to the new course and ils frequency.

Does anybody have the same issue or is it just me ?

Martin Bunjes

it is not updated to the new course and ils frequency.
Maybe both runways have the same frequency. Sometimes the strip of concrete will use the same frequency for ILS Approaches to 18/36, or 25/7, or what ever as long as they are reciprocal headings. With the heading you were probably confused when reading it after see the same ILS frequency for two runways.

Ahm, no, I've noticed it several times and i just finished testing it. It gives the wrong course and the wrong frequency.

I'm definitely not confused  :smile:

Ahm, no, I've noticed it several times and i just finished testing it. It gives the wrong course and the wrong frequency.

I'm definitely not confused  :smile:

Please provide specific steps, including route and approach selections, to reproduce.

I could not see a problem.  I have a flight in progress KBOS-KDFW with ILS17C selected.  If I select 17L or even 35C the approach ref page responds accordingly.  Be sure to EXEC the changes to route/arrival selections.  Looking forward to trying your finding.

Dan Downs KCRP

you enter for example the reciprocal course in the arrival page, the approach reference page does not change, it is not updated to the new course and ils frequency.

Do you mean you select a different approach, ie ILS 17 vs ILS 35? I'm not sure what you mean by "enter the reciprocal course on the arrival page."

Matt Cee

Does anybody have the same issue or is it just me ?
As Dan Downs wrote we need a route, approach and runway and the assurance that the changes you made were executed. Without that information, we can't help you.

Do you mean you select a different approach, ie ILS 17 vs ILS 35? I'm not sure what you mean by "enter the reciprocal course on the arrival page."

Yes, the reciprocal was just an example.I change the rwy and the arrival, execute it, and the app ref page does not change to the new rwy and frequency.

I'll go and fly something and let you know but it looks as if I'm the only one.

Ok, here are the results of a flight I did today :

Flight : EHAM-EBBR / 20 februari 16.45 UTC

FP : N0390F130 LEKK1S LEKKO N872 WOODY WODY6A

Departure :  rwy 24 SID : LEKK1S

Arrival  : rwy 25R STAR : WODY6A / transition ANT

FMC programmed and arrival entered in FMC on the ground in EHAM.

Airframe : Boeing 737-800 single seat, startup cold and dark

On FSX computer :

FSX + Acceleration, FSX borderless

SIOC  + IOCmodules

Linda

EZdok

Active sky next

GSX

About halfway I checked the approach reference page :

ILS 25R/CRS and below that : 108.90/245

Absolutely correct.

I then changed on the DEP/ARR page : arr. 19 / star WODY2B / transition ANT and executed.

Back to the approach reference page which now said :

ILS 19/CRS (correct) and below that : 108.90/245 which should have been : 111.15 / 194

This was a flight I’ve not done recently so it’s safe to say this anomaly occurs every time I change the arrival in the FMC.

which should have been : 111.15 / 194
I hate to say it , but when I switched to 19 the frequency was 111.15 and heading was 194. How long ago did this issue start? Why the switch from WODY6A to WODY2B?

How long ago did this issue start?

I couldn't really say since you don't always switch approaches but I noticed it every time I did switch, maybe 2,3 months ?

About halfway I checked the approach reference page :
ILS 25R/CRS and below that : 108.90/245

You didn't say you selected ILS25R in the lines above this statement. I assume you selected IlS25R and the appropriate transition, if any, since it is appearing on the APP REF page.

Michael has a good question, it could be that you are changing arrivals which creates an orphan segment in the LEGS sequence beyond the initial approach.  Regardless, the change in approach will change data on APP REF page unless the original approach is still in the list of segments.

Dan Downs KCRP

No, there was no orphan segment. I checked. The plane followed the newly chosen arrival without any problems, it just doesn't show on the app ref page.

• Upvote 1

I then changed on the DEP/ARR page : arr. 19 / star WODY2B / transition ANT and executed.

The reason I questioned the switch from WODY6A to WODY2B was that it created a disco in the route and it went to hell and back before starting the ILS Approach to 19. I noticed this when clicking thru the PLN on the ND after changing from 25L to 19. In fact, I don't even believe you need a STAR for 19.The 19ILS Approach starts at ANT. Just close up the disco between WOODY and ANT in you are in business. Maybe a local EBBR regulation requires you to use WODY2B. If not, you certainly don't need it.

All right, but that doesn't explain why it didn't update the ILS and course info.The change of rwy and approach should create a disco. My flightplan ended in WOODY so I added this star. The FMC warned me there was a disco, I closed it, checked the rest of the route and saw that it was a viable approach to rwy 19.

This was just an example, it does that everywhere in the world where I change the rwy.

All right, but that doesn't explain why it didn't update the ILS and course info.
No, it has nothing to do with your issue. Just a general question.