Sign in to follow this  
Rhett

Aerosoft Helsinki Airport (EFHK) light problem

Hi there,

Would the light problem in the image below be a DX10 related issue? If so, is there anyway I could fix this? I use Steve's Fixer program and have the latest version installed.

The problem only occurs for a short period (currently about 15 minutes) at early dusk from around 15h15 to 15h30 local time. Before 15h15 and after 15h30 the lights look normal.

I did switch to DX9 and the problem went away - which is why I think it must relate to a DX10 issue?

I use FSX-SE and have never seen this or any other DX10 problems before. I was flying the PMDG NGX. 

2016-02-171520Helsinki.jpg

Thanks and regards,

Rhett Kelly

Order Number: FSS0274286 (SteveFX's DX10 Scenery Fixer)

PC Specs: Intel i7 Haswell 4770K 3.4Ghz O/C to 4.3GHz CPU, GTX 780 3GB 256bit O/C, 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz RAM, Windows 8.1 FSX:SE DX10

Rhett Kelly

PC Specs: Intel i7 Haswell 4770K 3.4Ghz O/C to 4.3GHz CPU, GTX 780 3GB 256bit O/C, 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz RAM, Windows 8.1 FSX:SE DX10

Hello Rhett,

Yes it's definitely a dx10 issue. I will have a think about it and come back to you but it will now be a week or so before I can investigate.

Thanks Steve.

Looking forward to your input!

Kind regards

Rhett Kelly

Hi Steve,
a similar issue was recently reported by one of our customers using the latest DX10 build,
he eventually managed to fix the issue after several install/uninstall; but no clear indication of what’s the cause of this yet,
(shader flush and basic first aid didn’t do the trick in his case)

http://forums.nightenvironment.com/topic/159-triangles-lights/?do=getLastComment
(the images he posted are at night so it’s harder to spot the black triangles unless you’re using the large image)

Regards,
Chris

Hello Chris thanks for posting.

Yes I spoke to him too and I don't have a clear idea of what fixed the issue either!!

On this issue I think that I have a hint of an idea about what is going on, there is a period at dusk where two textures are used yet the blending hasnt commenced yet I suspect that the one of the textures doesn't have an alpha value whereas the other does and the wrong one is being used somehow - whether it's easily fixable I don't know until I can find time to run some tests.

• Upvote 1

with pleasure Steve,
i believe my guy was already in full night transition!
i first couldn’t see the planes because it was so dark; once enlarged they could be spotted at full night,
the only thing i found odd in that case was the use of Vista (i don’t think its directly related though)

unless you inspect a 3d bawl with bright light source behind it; it’s hard to spot due to the darkness,

trianglelights2.JPG.fc510b9a5231abdcfa7b

Hi Steve, Chris

Thanks for your input so far. Sorry I have been offline for a while.

Thanks for looking into this. Let me know if there is anything I could do to assist ?

Thanks and kind regards,

• Upvote 1

Rhett Kelly

Hi Steve:

Slider is "balanced"

V2 Transparency Logic is enabled

V2 Lighting Rules is enabled

Oslo Fix is enabled

All the rest is not enabled.

By the way - also had a similar problem at dusk at Fly Tampa's Athens Airport (black boxes around some of the the taxiway lights).

Thanks,

Rhett

Rhett Kelly

Hi Steve,

I will try with V2 transparency logic turned off and let you know.

Sorry for the delayed response. I have now set up this thread to notify me when there is a response.

Kind regards,

Rhett

Rhett Kelly

Hi Steve,

The V2 transparancy logic does not have any influence on the problem. The problem is there whether its enabled or not.

Regards,

Rhett

Rhett Kelly

Hi Rhett

I purchased the aerosoft mega aiport  Helsinki -  hopefully that's what you have.  I can find no issue.  can you confirm that we have the same scenery and what time and date the issue occurs.