Sign in to follow this  
StewCal

Way to Use Saitek Pedals without Saitek Drivers

Strange. I have the same pedals and never installed any software in Windows 7 or 10 and they have worked fine all the way through up to and including 3.1 I would suggest opening device manager and removing the device and any traces of it then hit refresh to see if they get detected and the basic driver gets installed.

Same here - also try putting them into another usb port - no need to change settings in windows - should just work

I wonder if your pedals are going south

Rich Sennett

I suspect when he uninstalled the saitek software it still left the device in device manager now minus the driver to make it work. But yes relocating it to another port should work. Windows does backup drivers now so it is always a good idea to remove it via device manager if it shows there. Sometimes you have to locate and manually delete the backup driver as well otherwise it will just keep coming back from the dead...

Interestingly enough, they work in the sim although they don't show up in Devices and Printers.  I'll have to fool around a bit.  Thanks!

STeve

Steve Giblin

Interestingly enough, they work in the sim although they don't show up in Devices and Printers.  I'll have to fool around a bit.  Thanks!

STeve

You running widows 10 - it may work itself out - if its working in sim I wouldnt get to worried about it

Rich Sennett

Read this and use this tool:

http://searchenterprisedesktop.techtarget.com/blog/Windows-Enterprise-Desktop/The-Importance-of-DriverStore-Cleanup

That way you get rid of any drivers hidden in the store so they don't resurface

Nice find but would be scared this might hose one of my needed drivers and files size is only 1.4 gig - have you tried it

Rich Sennett

Yes. I've had instances in Windows 7 and 8 where drivers would reinstall themselves without prompt after uninstalling the software etc. Very frustrating to say the least.

I'm not saying delete all files in there only the saitek ones. When they get put in the driver store they all get renamed to innocuous names and  when it happened to me I didn't know of this tool so was going through all those .infs by hand trying to figure out where the hell it was hehe.

Once I found this it became a breeze.

Thankfully on 10 I haven't run into this yet but this thread reminded me of that incident...

Yes. I've had instances in Windows 7 and 8 where drivers would reinstall themselves without prompt after uninstalling the software etc. Very frustrating to say the least.

I'm not saying delete all files in there only the saitek ones. When they get put in the driver store they all get renamed to innocuous names and  when it happened to me I didn't know of this tool so was going through all those .infs by hand trying to figure out where the hell it was hehe.

Once I found this it became a breeze.

Thankfully on 10 I haven't run into this yet but this thread reminded me of that incident...

Cool thanks Steve

Rich Sennett

All seems well!  I think I may have gotten past my USB crashes.  Thanks for all the help.  Fingers crossed.

Steve

Steve Giblin