Sign in to follow this  
z06z33

CLS DC-10v2 for Existing Owners

Although this is a lite product, the introductory price of $22 certainly is a bargain considering that there is no other DC-10 product for FSX (I could be mistaken).

Alexander Colka

Guest JustanotherPilot

I notice it's by CLS, wonder if the graphics have improved over previous models?

Don't waste your money. I bought their 747 'HD'/'V2' and it is awful. The textures are only marginally nicer than the original's, and for some reason they messed with the flight dynamics so that it handles more like a Cessna than a 747. When I emailed them about it, they responded "sorry you don't like it" and refused to even acknowledge that there was a problem with it. Also, it gave me my only P3D OOM.

But I really, really hope that Mr. Womacks' review will show that they didn't do the same thing again. I love the DC-10, and a better version than the original CLS is definitely needed. 

Hey all they just released the plane I'll be doing a review of it later on today. Its got a temporary price cut to just $21 dollars.

http://www.justflight.com/product/dc10-collection-hd-10-to-40

Will your review come out before the sale price is over? I am thinking of getting this plane and would really like some input from those that have purchased it.

Thanks,

paul

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Will your review come out before the sale price is over? I am thinking of getting this plane and would really like some input from those that have purchased it.

Thanks,

paul

Yes I'll be posting on YouTube soon.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Please also let me know your thoughts as well. I am not expecting much for that price but would like a mostly functional airplane.

Thanks,

paul

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Thanks,

paul

Discount is for the first 2 weeks (starting 30/7).

Video up yet?

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Unfortunately It looks little better than their old DC-10 for FS2004. You would assume that given the MD-80 a few years ago they have upped their game in terms of graphics.

Thanks, changed my mind because Just Flight is having a small sale and the 146 200/300 is only $14.95.

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Thanks, changed my mind because Just Flight is having a small sale and the 146 200/300 is only $14.95.

I would rather spend some more money and go for the Qualitwings Sale of their "Ultimate 146 collection": http://qualitywingssim.com/146.html

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

I would have been more interested in the CLS DC-10 if the FMC used Navigraph/Navdata Pro rather than the default FSX/P3D database. At least that is the impression I got from reading about the features.