Sign in to follow this  
xjimix

Range check error

Ok so LINDA was working fine for me and now after wanting to return to the cockpit after a week or so something seems to be wrong. When I load the game up and open up LINDA and click on FSX sync it quickly changes to aircraft I'm currently using (Majestic Dash 8) but then immediately reverts back to "--Aircrafts--". If I try to select it manually (either the Dash 8 profile or Default Aircraft) I get the message  Range Check Error. Also when I start LINDA it is in unshifted mode and every time I change the mode I hear annoying beep. And no matter what you do once you change it to shift 1 there is no going back to any other mode unless you restart it and then turn back on again. Any ideas what's up?

Hi Nick

Sorry to hear about your problems. I assume you have not changed anything or added any new aircraft since you last used LINDA. Did you have the Dash 8 working before? The aircraft list can become corrupted if any of the /modules/linda/aircrafts/{aircraft} folders is missing the key file ident.lua. This leads to the Range Check Error.

The annoying beep on selecting shift modes is my fault. I wanted some feedback as to whether the user had a shifted mode or unshifted mode selected. For me is is a quiet beep. There are 3 methods for shifting modes (to allow extra assignments per button): LOCAL and GLOBAL shift which toggle on and off and apply either to the device on which it is selected or to all devices respectively. The other is a latching single and double shift. The single and double require a discrete assignment for UNSHIFTED, SHIFTED ONE or SHIFTED TWO which are designed for when you have a 2 or 3 position switch. You can also toggle through each selection by using SHIFT CYCLE. All these functions are listed under SHIFTED MODES.

I believe you need to use LOCAL/GLOBAL or SHIFT CYCLE to solve your problem. You should not need to restart anything.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

Ok so I tried it again today, first time I had the same problem but then I restarted my PC and noticed that my USB hub was plugged in different port than it was plugged in usually. So I plugged it back into the "ordinary" port and tried again and it worked this time. I also noticed that the beeping is gone when changing the modes. Could it simply be the problem that it was plugged in different port?

What devices do you have plugged into your USB hub? LINDA should pick them up whichever port they are assigned to. Do you have any duplicate devices (2 the same type)? Was the beep high pitched ding or medium pitched? Do you get a double beep when the UNSHIFTED mode is selected?

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew