Sign in to follow this  
urgeflaske

Nvidia Control Panel and P3Dv3.1

Hi!

Does anyone out there have some good settings for the NCP?

Im running MSI GeForce GTX980 4GB with a Intel Core i7-4790K.

If someone has the same or almost the same specs, could you please post a screenshot of your NCP (if you have changed anything at all)?

Thanks! :)

I see no need to change anything at all because I never noticed any difference with any settings I changed in the past. The more things I can keep at default, the better.

It doesn't seem to do much on my  rig. I do use Nvidia Inspector and load the Prepar3D profile that comes with it and that seems to make things a little better.

It doesn't seem to do much on my  rig. I do use Nvidia Inspector and load the Prepar3D profile that comes with it and that seems to make things a little better.

I downloaded Nvidia Inspector. I changed to the P3D profile via the Tool-button next to the Driver Version. But when i click Apply Changes and restart NI and then open the profile thing its gone back to _GLOBAL_DRIVER_PROFILE (Base Profile).

Do i also need to run NI every time im going to fly?

I load the profile and hit Apply Charges and then exit the window but still have it running in the background. Not sure if this is how you are suppose to do it, but like you I haven't been able to save that particular profile, it always resorts back to the default. So yes I do it each time? Maybe someone can chime in here and explain how to use it better :wink:

Start NI, go to the P3D profile, make changes, apply, quit NI and you won't have to open it ever again unless you want to change settings again. Whenever you start NI it will show you the global profile, that's just how it works: the P3D profile won't become the new default profile or anything like that. NI saves any changes instantly in the registry (afaik: could be somewhere else too). It is a set and forget utility. No need to keep it running or rerun it everytime.

It doesn't seem to do much on my rig. I do use Nvidia Inspector and load the Prepar3D profile that comes with it and that seems to make things a little better.

If you simply 'load' the profile without making changes any difference you see is placebo because the default P3D profile simply shows the default nVidia Control Panel settings. NI simply gives you access to hidden settings and options. Simply loading the profile does nothing at all. You will still be using the nVidia Control Panel settings.

P.S. I don't use NI. The only reason to use it would be to get better AA but the only settings that give an obvious effect totally kill performance, specially in clouds, so I stopped using it.

With these new drivers I had to delete my custom P3D profile and make a new one from scratch as it did not work anymore...

Now it is working again.

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

With these new drivers I had to delete my custom P3D profile and make a new one from scratch as it did not work anymore...

Now it is working again.

That is recommended anytime you change drivers Gerard.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Now it is working again.

Could you pass me the settings?

I'm curious what everyone sets in NVIDIA Control Panel for tab marked Adjust image settings with preview.   Let the 3D application decide, Use the advanced 3D image settings (which takes you to the breakdown of settings used in NI as well), Use my preference emphasizing: Quality or Performance?

Jason Weaver - WestWind Airlines; FlyUK Airlines; VirtualUnited.org

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

Could you pass me the settings?

I use :

NVI

- Override the Appl Settings

- SGSS 4x

- Framerate limiter 30

P3D :

- Framerate Unlimited

- 4x MSAA

- 16x AF

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

I use :

NVI

- Override the Appl Settings

- SGSS 4x

- Framerate limiter 30

P3D :

- Framerate Unlimited

- 4x MSAA

- 16x AF

Thank you!