Sign in to follow this  
CathayA340

Prepar3D Running but no Splashcreen

Hello all,

I have been having some issues with my Prepar3D V3.1 - when I run it as an admin to start up, the splashscreen shows up. After a minute or so, the splashscreen completely disappears, but in task manager, the program is still running. My most recent addon install was the Flight1 GTN750 and the Carenado Hawker. I'm running Windows 10 with an i7-4790k, GTX980ti, 16GB RAM w/ the latest version of P3D v3.1.

I have tried deleting the scenery.cfg or reinstalling the latest addon manager to see if it had anything to do with that, but no luck. I've also reinstalled the latest version of FSUIPC.

Any suggestions/tips?

Thank you all.

Stupid question but did you turn it on in the settings to show start up screen

Rich Sennett

Hmm well this is a weird one I have not seen this - maybe posting in LM forums will help also

Rich Sennett

I encountered something similar so here It is case It helps.

P3D had for some reason decided to run on my second monitor, which was connected but turned off.

Need some clarification here - splashscreen is the first thing that shows when P3D starts to load. It then disappears and one of two things will happen - the SCENARIO screen will open allowing you to pick a location, time etc *OR* the sim will load the specific flight. If I understand you correctly - you see nothing but the program process is still running in the task manager.

Try deleting these 3 files - P3D will rebuild them

Prepar3D_Default.fxml & Prepar3D_Default.wx located in %LOCALAPPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3

Prepar3D.cfg located in %APPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Delete your .dll and start the sim, it will probably start right up because your .dll is corrupt. Before you delete it save.it somewhere safe and all the entries back one at a.time to see what corrupted it. Happened to me more than once.

• Upvote 1

Delete the default flight and P3D will remake it:

"C:\Users\[you]\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\Prepar3D_Default.fxml"

Check your dll.xml is coded OK, as Marty suggests:

"C:\Users\[you]\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\dll.xml"

Check your exe.xml at the same time, very similar.

Not sure why you are running as admin. There's quite a lot of folk around think this gives permissions, but rather more accurately it only provides privileges. This means that it's better to set permissions when we need *permission* rather than run as admin in the hope things will start working. Often they may do, but only because the permission came with the privilege that time. If you haven't done so, add the Modify permission to the Users group, on the P3D program files folder before installing addons.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

This is an old topic, but here goes...

For what it's worth, I have been experiencing this issue with P3D launching, I get the Prepar3d splash box, and then nothing but desktop. Prepar3d is active and shows up in task manager, and is utilizing about 30% cpu etc., but no matter what I do I cannot make the "Prepar3D Scenario Setup" screen appear. After hours and hours of trying to figure out the cause, I found that by reinstalling FSUIPC (payware version) P3D would launch and I could fly. I am running P3D 3.4.22.19868; and FSUIPC 4.9.6.1.

To test whether FSUIPC is causing the problem, go to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\Modules" and rename or move FSUIPC.DLL and then launch P3D...if it launches properly, then close P3D, reinstall FSUIPC. There is no need to uninstall FSUIPC first, just reinstall. AND, I have all my yoke, joystick, pedal, and many key commands programmed and calibrated with FSUIPC and reinstalling does NOT change or delete them.

For the life of me, I don't remember how I figured out that I needed to reinstall FSUIPC , but that solves the problem for me...and it works EVERY time.

I encounter this problem on a regular basis, so every time it happens I reinstall FSUIPC and everything is back to normal, until it happens again. Obviously I'm only correcting the symptom, as this keeps occurring. I have not identified a pattern or cause and it only happens occasionally, but it is VERY annoying, and I'd love to know the CAUSE.

Steven Miller

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

I have a similar problem when I launch a saved flight (xxxx.fxml). P3D starts and then disappears, but still running in taskmanager. Sadly, disabling FSUIPC did not solve my problem :bengong:

i7-7700K @ 4.9 GHz, 32GB DDR4, GTX1080, 2 x Samsung 1TB NVMe, 1 x 3TB HDD, Windows 10 Prof

I've had this before

Go to your P3D.cfg and put a blank space on the line

Situation= 

then save and restart pc and P3D 

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

There was no 'situation=' in my p3d.cfg, so I put in under [startup]. (guessing that is where it should be)

t did not make a difference though.

i7-7700K @ 4.9 GHz, 32GB DDR4, GTX1080, 2 x Samsung 1TB NVMe, 1 x 3TB HDD, Windows 10 Prof

9 hours ago, willy647 said:

I have a similar problem when I launch a saved flight (xxxx.fxml). P3D starts and then disappears, but still running in taskmanager. Sadly, disabling FSUIPC did not solve my problem :bengong:

willy647,

Just so we're clear, my problem did not occur launching a saved flight, my problem is that I never get the screen that allows creating a flight or selecting a saved flight.

Steven

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

Oh Boy, I had this problem same problem yesterday and it took up 5.5 hours of my Saturday researching it and trying various things.  I'm a software developer why we don't have better error handling in these products is beyond me.   It turns out, way to many things cause the application to simply fold up and go home, or disappear.   How much effort to have try/catch blocks and simply throw up a dialog that says, "Hey I'm in [module name here] and his is what I was trying to do....".

So I had to keep killing Prepar3D using the task manager before trying something new each time.  I ran a virus scan, no luck, updated NVidia drivers, no luck, uninstalled EZDOK because the virus program called it a virus, no luck there, preformed a "repair" option on the AcedemicClient.msi file in remove/install programs, then re-installed the AcedemicClient.msi file using a slightly newer one from Loockheed's web site, no help there. 

My real breakthrough though was to go into the event logger right after the initial splash screen would disappear.   There was a message in there at the time of the splash screen disappearing (you gotta dig, MS didn't make this easy) related to an "incompatible simconnect" file (or something to that effect)...bingo finally a darn clue...simconnect....so I go to add/remove programs and uninstalled all of those buggers thinking that really there only should have been one and that they were somehow stepping all over themselves, removing them one at a time and trying over and over again, didn't help and finally removed ALL of them- and after than I could get then sim to load up but all the gauges were black and most of the add-ons were broken.  At least now I knew I was on to something, so I went back to Dr. Google and started reading about simconnect issues.

So, long story short you do indeed need several versions of those ######s. 

So do this: go to control panel and remove every darn thing that has simconnect in its name.  Then you may want to reboot for good measure.  Toss some salt over your shoulder.  Mutter a prayer and cross your fingers. Then in your Prepar3D folder find a subfolder in there called redist\Interface, for me it is here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\redist\Interface

In this folder you want to run the .msi files by right clicking each one and select "install", do it for just these listed here and in this order:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\redist\Interface\ESPv1

C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\redist\Interface\FSX-RTM\retail\lib

C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\redist\Interface\FSX-SP1\retail\lib

C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\redist\Interface\FSX-SP2-XPACK\retail\lib

This worked for me and I had the same symptoms you do.  After doing some generic googling on simconnect I have come to learn it may be a very useful piece of software but after what I went though yesterday I'm less than impressed.   It has driven some folks who didn't understand their issue to reformat their hard drive, reload the OS, reload Prepar3D, all the add-ons.....if I had to do that I'd be busy for days getting everything put back so for me I actually had a happy ending but getting there was no fun.  Having a significant investment in both hardware and software just to have your sim curl up its toes and go bye-bye without so much as an error message is depressing beyond belief.

I hope this is your issue to and this works for you, I'd like to think those 5 hours might help someone else out too.

If this doesn't help, at least poke around the event logger for a clue, it's your only hope Obe-Won.

Good luck,

Mark Trainer

You could also have an incompatible or corrupted module loading in dll.xml which will crash the sim at startup but retain the p3d.exe in task manager.  Had this happen to me the other day. 

Hint: check for and remove any carenado modules from your dll.xml

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor