Sign in to follow this  
StewartH

Shockwave landing/taxi lights and DX10

Greetings!  I have installed A2A's Shockwave landing and taxi lights into three addon aircraft.  However, depending on viewing angle, the lights in question disappear or reappear as one's viewing angle changes, even viewing facing the VC and then panning left or right.  This is especially present in viewing the aircraft from the outside and panning left or right.  This phenomenon does not happen in DX9 mode, only in DX10 mode, it seems.  What, if anything, can be done to remedy this?

Thank you.

Stew H.

Stew

"Different dog, different fleas"

Hi Stew,

the only thing, that worked for me, was to UNtick the corresponding option in the fixer software under EFFECTS. But be careful: Converting all shockwave lights will result in other problems, e.g. strobe lights on AI aircrafts are only visible over very short distances.

Steve had a brilliant idea: First of all you have to copy ALL shockwave effect files to a save folder. Then convert all shockwave lights via unticking the option in the DX10 Fixer. After that, copy all saved shockwave effects back to your Simulator effect folder, exept the landing light effects. So, you can enjoy landing light from nearly all perspectives without loosing the visibility of others.

I hope you can follow my instruction, i am not a native english Speaker :nea:

Matthias

Hi Stew,

the only thing, that worked for me, was to UNtick the corresponding option in the fixer software under EFFECTS. But be careful: Converting all shockwave lights will result in other problems, e.g. strobe lights on AI aircrafts are only visible over very short distances.

Steve had a brilliant idea: First of all you have to copy ALL shockwave effect files to a save folder. Then convert all shockwave lights via unticking the option in the DX10 Fixer. After that, copy all saved shockwave effects back to your Simulator effect folder, exept the landing light effects. So, you can enjoy landing light from nearly all perspectives without loosing the visibility of others.

Matthias

Thanks, Matthias.  I will try this.  Your instructions seem pretty straight forward and easy to follow.  So we'll see if this works.

Stew

Hi Stew,

Matthias

Hello, again, Matthias.  Unfortunately, I was unable to successfully untick Shockwave lights in the Fixer.  I received an error msg:

"Cannot write to dx10.ini in Public\DX10Scenery Fixer (0).  System Error was 5."

All other operations in the Fixer I am able to run as administrator, but not this one.  Strange.  Maybe Steve might be able to help with this, too.  Thanks for your help, though.

Stew

Hello, again, Matthias.  Unfortunately, I was unable to successfully untick Shockwave lights in the Fixer.  I received an error msg:

"Cannot write to dx10.ini in Public\DX10Scenery Fixer (0).  System Error was 5."

All other operations in the Fixer I am able to run as administrator, but not this one.  Strange.  Maybe Steve might be able to help with this, too.  Thanks for your help, though.

Matthias,  Please disregard this above post.  I ran the Fixer as administrator and was able to untick Shockwave lights, as you suggested, then reload all except the landing lights effects back into the Effects folder, and this remedy worked perfectly!  The landing lights and the taxi lights no longer are affected by one's viewing angle  Thanks again for the tip.  And anyone else who has had this problem can apply this fix to their satisfaction.

Cheers!

Stew

I will have a look at the error that you got, that isn't what is supposed to happen.

Thanks, Steve.  In the end, your fix worked, so thank you for that.  But as I said, I had to run the Fixer as Administrator to be able to untick Shockwave lights in the first place.

Stew

Hey Stew,

sorry for answering late, but i am glad you managed the visibility problem! But don't send your flowers to me, it's Steve's advise, i am only the echo repeating it :)

Matthias

Hey Stew,

sorry for answering late, but i am glad you managed the visibility problem! But don't send your flowers to me, it's Steve's advise, i am only the echo repeating it :)

Matthias

Thanks again, Matthias.

Stew

Hi Steve,

i have this Problem also a Long time.

I am happy that a Person write it because my englisch is not so good.

I hope you will make a fix for this Problem.  (POST 1)

Greatings from Frank (EDDM)

WIN 11 64 Pro, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, I7 13700K, be-quiet Loop Silent 2 WK, RTX 3090 OC, 32 GB DDR5 Kingston Fury Beast EXPO, 4x Nvme Samsung PRO, MS2020, be quiet SP11 850 Watt