Sign in to follow this  
WingZ

UK2000 Humberside, a slightly different angle

Another fine scenery from UK2000 in FS2004:

JfdhPg.jpg

It has its share of GA and airliner action…

7w4ws7.jpg

But it has room for helicopters as well, centre stage.

oNDC1w.jpg

sgz4G3.jpg

The large operators base here for oil rig and wind farm service

nyUZp8.jpg

Plenty of Augusta Westland, and Sikorsky 

wYcgSS.jpg

The AI helicopters come courtesy of Flight 1’s AI helo package, and the excellent UTT Sikorsky and EC120 packs. There are some static models included in the scenery too. Here’s a nice repaint from Forum colleague edetroit on the Nemeth Sikorsky S-76, feels right at home:

https://youtu.be/KC0c-E7bLEY

Ed researched a little and found that the helo traffic is treated like fixed-wing. You need to see them move to get the idea:

https://youtu.be/UdzaO8C1TIA

• Upvote 2

Perfect! FS2004 is still able to keep up! UK2000 scenery is among the very best ever imo.

This is a wonderful airport, my local, and I took a trial flight in a Cessna 150 from there. The SAR chopper is a Sikorsky S-92 and it flies over here quite regularly and practices in the bay for an hour at a time. I couldn't find a freeware version for AI so I use the EH101 in the US coastguard paint.

Thank god for Helitraffic 2009 and AI Flight Planner, otherwise Humberside is a very quite place indeed.

Nice shots by the way, I thought a couple were actual photographs at first!

I don't know about you, but I have been getting awful fps drops when facing the terminal building, from 30-35 to 15-17. Removing a couple of the BGLs that provide clutter, and the parked cars helped alot.

Thanks for the comments!

Included in the scenery is a static S-92 of course:

hwoYiM.jpg

I do prefer them to move, and inserted a flyable by David Allan into the F1 traffic package.

It needs a little more work on the livery.

awful fps drops

I don't have this problem, maybe update the UK2000 common library? My video clips are choppy because of the FRAPS overhead in combination with Dropbox, Java etc etc. but in the sim I lock at 30fps, see 28 down to maybe 26 around Humberside, determined by traffic. Any computer younger than my 10 year old should not have issues. 

the mystery of the disappearing AI 737

Never did... was distracted by all those helicopters! it does seem to be specific to the model, as the A320 does appear.