Sign in to follow this  
Dave-Pilot2ATC

SayIt Errors and Issues

Hi Dave.

I think the problem is that when you repeated the clearance, some background or stray sound turned your "Oscar Victor Bravo" call sign into "Gulf Oscar Victor Bravo", so P2A told Gulf Oscar Victor Bravo that they didn't have an approach clearance yet.

Then, when you requested Left Base, P2A interpreted that as a request for a standard VFR pattern, and gave directions for how to enter the pattern.  If you were calling Left Base, you should say "Oscar Victor Bravo Left Base, Runway Two Two".  If using SayIt, this would be under Reports-Pattern Position.

Hope that helps.

Dave

Hi Dave,

I have a problem with loading and speech assistant missing grammar text.

Pilot2ACT 2016 v 2.0.1.3 - 

Win 10 64bit ugraded to latest ver..-

Xplane,FSX,P3D 

Using any sim, started first.

On loading P2A map is missing 2nd 3rd load it appears, other items appear normal IE. load waypoints open config etc: connects to sim ok showing connected, recognition , grammar loaded blue. Flight plan loads validates and filed, first waypoint red.   Then bring up speech assistant white boxes req,info,report shows relivent item in 2nd box but no yellow grammar appears on selection of any item.  Spoken requests not recognized either! Grammar helper has given up as well now, before I could get some response from voice recognition but no text prashes appeared.

I am reluctant to delete and reinstall program ( lose reg key) or update to 2.0.1.4 until I get some advise on what maybe the cause IE: Win10 latest ver or something going on with my comp as while I type this note P2ATC opens up even though I have exited out :) very strange first time for that one. I have searched forum for any clues but this seems a problem at my end.

Regards,

John

John,

The behavior you describe is indeed strange.

First, I would suggest you apply the 2.0.1.4 update as that will refresh the Grammar Help file used by SayIt and eliminate that as the possible problem.

Second, be sure you are on a valid frequency.  SayIt uses the frequency to select the phrases for that controller type.

Grammar helper does not interact with Pilot2ATC Controllers.  It is only for reference and practice. 

Check to be sure that something is not causing your CPU or memory to be at high utilization.  Open Windows Task Manager and see what the CPU and Memory percent utilizations are. 

Let us know what happens.

Dave

Thank,s for the prompt response and advise Dave,

I did the upgrade to 2014 as suggested now after a few hiccups everything seems to work OK!

I started P2ATC but still no yellow phrases after restarting a few times with no result I found that the update had installed as a second folder IE: c:/Pilot2ATC_200/ Pilot2ATC_200/ which looked like having 2 instillation's the original 2013 with 2014 inside without the data file so all I have done to get it working was copy the data from 2013 to 2014 folder and it,s working not sure if that was how it should have been fixed but you can advise me on alternative. (hope you can follow my attempt at explaining)

I have deleted nothing just left the folder,s as they are just copied over the data file.

Not sure how or what file or attachment to send you for verification.

Regards,

John  

John,

Assuming the original installation was to the C:/Pilot2ATC_200 folder, I would suggest you

1)make sure that the C:/Pilot2ATC_200/Data folder contains a copy of the database files

2)delete the C:/Pilot2ATC_200/Pilot2ATC_200 folder and all its contents. 

3)apply the 2.0.1.4 update to the C:/Pilot2ATC_200 folder. 

4)be sure the shortcut icon points to the correct folder/file

If that doesn't work, then uninstall the entire program and install the base program followed by the 2.0.1.4 update.  Send me an email so I can reset the registration server to allow a new installation.

Regards,

Dave

Dave,

I have followed your suggestion,

Deleted the second folder

When applying  the update I noticed that it  made the C:/Pilot2ATC_200/Pilot2ATC_200 folder 

manually adjusted to C:/Pilot2ATC before activating the exec update so it would install to root folder .

Appears all is working well  :wink: 

My bad for not noticing this last time.

Thank you for your prompt service to all your customers, this is indeed a complex piece of software and helps to keep the 

gray matter alive..........

Cheers,

John

I have a few problems with or without sayit. First with sayit I type in the text in the gold lettering and he says it but it is extremely fast. Do not know how to slow his speech down. Then when I say my phrase or use the sayit function it keeps saying aircraft repeat your phrase and call sign. I cant even get in the air to find out if anything else is malfunctioning.

The speech speed can be set for each voice in the Voices tab of Config.  Enter a negative value to slow the speech down.

The SayIt feature works with pre-written phrases.  Typing into the text window is not how to use it.

You need to be sure and do the Windows Language training that is accessed through the Grammar Help screen.  That will improve recognition.

You then must say phrases that are in the grammar.  The best way to do that is to read the phrases that are in SayIt.  If a particular phrase is not understood, see if there is another phrase with the same meaning and try that.

Dave

The "Say again" function is not working.  After receiving a P2A instruction to change frequencies, if I say "Say again for corporate 001", I get no response from P2A.    If I press the Sayit button, I also get no response frm P2A.

Tom

TJ,

I just tried it on the released version and the SayIt feature seems to work fine.  The Say Again does not seem to work.

In the upcoming release under development, they both seem to work fine.

Thanks for the report.

Dave

Just to clarify. I can use the Sayit feature in other areas and it works fine.  Only the "Say again" command does not work either using Sayit or speech.

Tom

Thanks for the clarification TJ.

I just uploaded the latest release.  Let me know if it fixes the problem you've been having.

Dave

Dave:

Using the 2.1.0.1 release.  The "Say Again" command is now working. 

Different issue. In prior versions I would press the Sayit button to read back the initial clearance and any long winded approach instructions.  This no longer seems to work.

Tom

TJ,

Are you pressing the on-screen SayIt button and not getting it to speak?  Is there gold text beginning with a tilde (~) as the last item in the Speech WIndow?

Or was it speaking and not being understood and therefore not getting the proper response back from ATC?

I was using it for clearance readbacks earlier today during test flights.  It could be something in your specific clearance.  Could you please post the clearance that is not being read back.

Thanks,

Dave

Are you pressing the on-screen SayIt button and not getting it to speak?  Is there gold text beginning with a tilde (~) as the last item in the Speech WIndow?

Yes. I am pressing the on screen button and P2A does not repeat the clearance.  There is no gold text.I don't remember the clearance (initial or approach) that failed.  I'll try another and get back to you.

Tom