Pe11e

A2A C172 + P3D v3 = Bliss

Here they are guys, two presets as I promised:

Mild, which I've used in all screenshots:

https://sfx.thelazy.net/games/preset/5232/

Strong version:

https://sfx.thelazy.net/games/preset/5233/

Thank you much - You know there is another easier way to get these effects

You go into your p3d.cfg file and turn up saturation to 1.7 and make sure saturation is all the way up in sim first 

Then load in shade - not much of a difference then sweet and it much easier

Rich Sennett

Thank you much - You know there is another easier way to get these effects

You go into your p3d.cfg file and turn up saturation to 1.7 and make sure saturation is all the way up in sim first 

Then load in shade - not much of a difference then sweet and it much easier

I will try that, but I'm sure it will not change hue and contrast like with SweetFX. Thanks for the tip!  :smile:

X-Plane and AeroFly FS look better 

Aerofly FS maybe, X-Plane only when it's pitch black!  :P  And I'm not sarcastic, it looks better only during night with that majestic street lights.  :smile:

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

I will try that, but I'm sure it will not change hue and contrast like with SweetFX. Thanks for the tip!  :smile:

Aerofly FS maybe, X-Plane only when it's pitch black!  :P  And I'm not sarcastic, it looks better only during night with that majestic street lights.  :smile:

No problem yes its not like sweet but a cheap mans alternative - doesnt supply that softness sweet does - thanks for sharing your settings is this with hdr on or off - thanks

Rich Sennett

No problem yes its not like sweet but a cheap mans alternative - doesnt supply that softness sweet does - thanks for sharing your settings is this with hdr on or off - thanks

Oh sorry, forgot to mention! It is with HDR on - 1.30, 0.80, 1.00.

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

Well, since you mentioned X-Plane in your post, here's some examples. Looks pretty neat to me:

http://www.avsim.com/topic/483909-the-best-lighting-ever/

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

Like many visitors here, I should comment more............although I'm pretty lost for words to use after seeing those pics.  Hopefully, just "outstanding" will do?

Cheers

Paul Golding

amazing shots at first i thought its real pic

where do we place the sweet FX? inside the main P3D folder?

Yes, in the root of P3D folder. Now if you downloaded and unpacked a different version of SweetFX (ReShade for example), you can copy-paste DPX, TONEMAP and LIFTGAMMAGAIN values from my settings file to the settings file of your version, and disable ALL OTHER effects, just leave these three. That way you can use any version, and avoid any problems.

• Upvote 1

Yes, in the root of P3D folder. Now if you downloaded and unpacked a different version of SweetFX (ReShade for example), you can copy-paste DPX, TONEMAP and LIFTGAMMAGAIN values from my settings file to the settings file of your version, and disable ALL OTHER effects, just leave these three. That way you can use any version, and avoid any problems.

noted sir many thanks. will give it a shot.

Looks nice but I usually fly when seated in the cockpit :wink: and wonder how the gauges look with this SweetFX thing. Doesn't everything get too bloomy with HDR+bloom on AND SweetFX? (What exactly does SweetFX add to default HDR and bloom...?) I am asking this because I recently turned of HDR mainly because of the bloom but I could use some extra contrast and brightness (my colors are saturated more than enough already). 

EDIT

Just noticed you have some great comparison shots on the pages where your configs can be downloaded. I do wonder now even more that SweetFX adds that HDR and bloom doesn't already give...? 

Looks nice but I usually fly when seated in the cockpit :wink: and wonder how the gauges look with this SweetFX thing. Doesn't everything get too bloomy with HDR+bloom on AND SweetFX? (What exactly does SweetFX add to default HDR and bloom...?) I am asking this because I recently turned of HDR mainly because of the bloom but I could use some extra contrast and brightness (my colors are saturated more than enough already). 

EDIT

Just noticed you have some great comparison shots on the pages where your configs can be downloaded. I do wonder now even more that SweetFX adds that HDR and bloom doesn't already give...? 

My SweetFX presets only change some hue/color balance of shadows/midtones/highlights, and adds a tiny bit of contrast. This preset is tuned for HDR in P3D, doesn't look good without HDR simply because P3D looks much different without it. 

Cockpit shot:

Dwm%202016-02-21%2023-56-47-87_zpsfpxxbo

• Upvote 1