Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

Integrating ATC programs with Carenado Aircraft

Wondering how you Guys use atc programs such as Piolt2atc - the question is how do you integrate the flight plan created in Carenado FMS with the created flightplan made by atc program so They are in sync

Far as I know you can't import or export anything out of a Carenado aircraft so wondering how I would go about this - thank you

Rich Sennett

Not a great answer here Richard, but I am able to get there using a multi faceted approach.  I can load an aircraft that has an RXP GPS. Program in a flight plan. Save it to an FSX flight plan from the RXP.  From there I can load anothe aircraft, program the same flight plan in either an FMS or GTN. Then load the saved FSX flight into FSX, then fly.  It is a lot of steps but it works.  That using the FSX default ATC. When I do this, which due to the complexity of getting it done is not often, I find I get airborne, climb to cruise, then cancel the IFR flight plan to avoid the constant freq changes the FSX ATC is prone to.  When I am getting to my TOD as I near my destination I once again load the flight plan into FSX. When asked if I wish to place my aircraft at the departure airport I decline. It then picks me up where I am at and recognizes where I am at in regard to phase of flight plan.  It works but ain't pretty getting there.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

You have to create the same flight plan separately, Rich. One for the FMS one for your sim+ATC program.

If you are using a Carenado addon with Navigraph extension, there is no other way. If you do not use the Navigraph extension, normally the flight plan you load in your sim, should be automatically imported.

Now, to have your FMS constantly in sync with your ATC, obviously you have to adjust it as required along the flight.

Thanks Frank but I dont think that will work with Pilot2atc and the hawker FMS

Owl trying to figure out how to match up Pilot2atc with Hawker FMS - I get it would be two different flight plans (pilot2atc and hawker fms need to match) but you mention import a flight plan into sim I dont think Pilot2atc does that it runs along side the sim - still trying to figure it out

I still have to figure out Pilot2atc - not getting it - I cant seem to run both the sim and the atc program together - I go to make changes in atc program and p3d pauses - they both should be working at the same time ?

Thanks Guys

Rich Sennett

Owl trying to figure out how to match up Pilot2atc with Hawker FMS - I get it would be two different flight plans (pilot2atc and hawker fms need to match) but you mention import a flight plan into sim I dont think Pilot2atc does that it runs along side the sim - still trying to figure it out

Thanks Guys

I bought Pro-ATC/X some days ago and I don't know Pilot2ATC. But I assume that Pilot2ATC should have an option to import/export flight plans from/to the sim as well. Pro-ATC/X definitely has.

So, basically your sim and your ATC addon may share the same flight plan (you create it only once).

The FMS thing in the Hawker, however, is a different story. No matter if you're using the standard configuration with the ProLine21 or Bert's mod with GTN 750, there is no way to import the flight plan into the FMS. You have to type it manually. Normally this is a breeze if you use airways. The real problem is that you can't save it, so you will have to do it again next time you fly the same flight plan. Anyway, once you created an identical flight plan in your FMS in order to match the one in your ATC addon, both are in sync. If you're using Pro-ATC/X, the good news is that both Carenado FMS and Pro-ATC/X support the Navigraph AIRAC, so the database should match. Quite different story if you use the GTN 750, but I know you guys can't live without it :-)

I still have to figure out Pilot2atc - not getting it - I cant seem to run both the sim and the atc program together - I go to make changes in atc program and p3d pauses - they both should be working at the same time ?

As said, I don't know Pilot2ATC, but why should your P3D pause when the ATC makes some changes to your flight plan or vectors you away from the original flight plan? All you have to do is changing your flight plan in your FMS (or in the GTN750) accordingly in order to match the change. Sorry, I am not sure I get you right.

I bought Pro-ATC/X some days ago and I don't know Pilot2ATC. But I assume that Pilot2ATC should have an option to import/export flight plans from/to the sim as well. Pro-ATC/X definitely has.

So, basically your sim and your ATC addon may share the same flight plan (you create it only once).

The FMS thing in the Hawker, however, is a different story. No matter if you're using the standard configuration with the ProLine21 or Bert's mod with GTN 750, there is no way to import the flight plan into the FMS. You have to type it manually. Normally this is a breeze if you use airways. The real problem is that you can't save it, so you will have to do it again next time you fly the same flight plan. Anyway, once you created an identical flight plan in your FMS in order to match the one in your ATC addon, both are in sync. If you're using Pro-ATC/X, the good news is that both Carenado FMS and Pro-ATC/X support the Navigraph AIRAC, so the database should match. Quite different story if you use the GTN 750, but I know you guys can't live without it :-)

As said, I don't know Pilot2ATC, but why should your P3D pause when the ATC makes some changes to your flight plan or vectors you away from the original flight plan? All you have to do is changing your flight plan in your FMS (or in the GTN750) accordingly in order to match the change. Sorry, I am not sure I get you right.

You explained very well - yes no way with Hawker fms you can import anything so I will use Pilot2atc primarily as ref - moving map - at least until I setup my second monitor - the aircraft I use do not import the plans (maybe pmdg - have not tried that yet) and it seems that Pilot2atc is still voice based as I here nothing from atc unless I manually click on say it button which makes no sense to me  - thanks for the help Brother

Rich Sennett

With PMDG Boeings, Aerosoft Airbuses, Majestic Dash, things are much easier. You can create one flight plan in PFPX and have it simultaneously exported into your sim, your aircraft and your ATC addon (if you use Pro-ATC/X), all of them supporting Navigraph and being updated to the same AIRAC. Unfortunately I can't help you with Pilot2ATC.

With PMDG Boeings, Aerosoft Airbuses, Majestic Dash, things are much easier. You can create one flight plan in PFPX and have it simultaneously exported into your sim, your aircraft and your ATC addon (if you use Pro-ATC/X), all of them supporting Navigraph and being updated to the same AIRAC. Unfortunately I can't help you with Pilot2ATC.

Wow thats pretty handy - did not know that - thanks

Rich Sennett

Guest JustanotherPilot

Unless I've missed an update I'm pretty sure it doesn't export to/ import into the Majestic Dash, nor does ProatcX

Still, Richard. This speaks that a plan must still be created in one place and then duplicated, loaded, and used from another.  Whether FSX, Steam, P3D, or other.  Wow! In Fight simulation and 3rd party development is there another void like this that is ripe for development? And marketing?

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Still, Richard. This speaks that a plan must still be created in one place and then duplicated, loaded, and used from another.  Whether FSX, Steam, P3D, or other.  Wow! In Fight simulation and 3rd party development is there another void like this that is ripe for development? And marketing?

Yes You are so spot on Frank

Rich Sennett

Unless I've missed an update I'm pretty sure it doesn't export to/ import into the Majestic Dash, nor does ProatcX

You are definitely right.

PFPX does not export to the Majestic Dash! I should not have mentioned an addon that I still do not own. My fault.

As far as Pro-ATC/X is concerned, however, you can simply copy the root flight plan from PFPX (or Skyvector or whatever you use) and paste it into the flight planning window in Pro-ATC/X to import it. So, no direct export, but yes, you can manually transfer it anyway (some limitations apply, though).

Thank you. I stand corrected.

Guest JustanotherPilot

You are definitely right.

PFPX does not export to the Majestic Dash! I should not have mentioned an addon that I still do not own. My fault.

As far as Pro-ATC/X is concerned, however, you can simply copy the root flight plan from PFPX (or Skyvector or whatever you use) and paste it into the flight planning window in Pro-ATC/X to import it. So, no direct export, but yes, you can manually transfer it anyway (some limitations apply, though).

Thank you. I stand corrected.

Yes, I've been using Simbrief to create plans and import into ProatcX using the cut and paste method, it would be nice if it copied directly into the Q400 FMS like it does with the NGX and Airbus on startup ,instead of having to manually enter the plan.- but the runtime nature of the Q400 doesn't allow this. This does add to the realism of the flight though.

Yes, I've been using Simbrief to create plans and import into ProatcX using the cut and paste method, it would be nice if it copied directly into the Q400 FMS like it does with the NGX and Airbus on startup ,instead of having to manually enter the plan.- but the runtime nature of the Q400 doesn't allow this. This does add to the realism of the flight though.

The Q400 is on my to buy list from long time, but I am still practicing GA and smaller turboprops at the moment. Thank you for the information. May I ask you if you can save the flight plan once you created it in the FMS?