Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

ATC non existent question

Quick observation - I am not getting any feedback from ATC - I have to manually go to commands windows and initiate something even then its not progressing - so would it be safe to say this program still needs voice interaction to cycle it as I hear nothing - thanks Guys

Rich Sennett

Rich

1. Have you setup a PTT button

2. You are connected to the SIM (connect button is 'Green')

3. In the Config >P2A setup, make sure you have ticked 'Show ATC assignments'.....just to see what is coming from ATC. You can turn this off whenever you want.

Now go to Config >Voices. Have you assigned Voices to the controllers positions?

Now press the 'Press to Test Controller Frequency and Voice. Hear anything?

What happens when you tune to an active frequency (ground, Tower, etc) ;confirm the frequency is tuned (look at bottom left Com1)

All OK so far?

Move you mouse over the PTT button and left click, does it go green?

If so, then say ' <callsign>, say Altimeter'  eg (SkyFox 687 say Altimeter)

You have setup your call sign?  Look in call sign box

Does ATC respond?

If you still do not get any response then please make sure you have setup your microphone within windows and speech recognition also

Let us know how it goes

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

Rich

1. Have you setup a PTT button

Hi Clive:

I have done all of the above except for PTT - manual says its recommended but not needed only a keyboard assignment for sayit - so I think what you are saying is I need to assign a key to PTT also - it talks back to me when I click on gold letters just only when I do that nothing on its own - no biggie - thanks for the help Buddy

I do not have a microphone setup fyi - I thought this could do everything without it - if not thats my mis-understanding

Rich Sennett

Hi Richard.

To get ATC to work, there must be a default recording device set up in windows before you connect to the SIM.  Therefore a microphone is not only required, but must be set up in windows as the default recording device.

On the PTT button, you can have a keyboard HotKey, or more conveniently a button on the joystick or yoke as the PTT button.  If you prefer not to have either, you can use the PTT button in the P2A window along the bottom instead.  So technically, you can operate without a PTT button assignment, but I would highly recommend setting one.  Very simple procedure outlined in the setup part of the user guide.

Keyboard assignment for SayIt is also optional.  You can use the SayIt button along the bottom of the P2A window.

Dave

Hi Richard.

To get ATC to work, there must be a default recording device set up in windows before you connect to the SIM.  Therefore a microphone is not only required, but must be set up in windows as the default recording device.

On the PTT button, you can have a keyboard HotKey, or more conveniently a button on the joystick or yoke as the PTT button.  If you prefer not to have either, you can use the PTT button in the P2A window along the bottom instead.  So technically, you can operate without a PTT button assignment, but I would highly recommend setting one.  Very simple procedure outlined in the setup part of the user guide.

Keyboard assignment for SayIt is also optional.  You can use the SayIt button along the bottom of the P2A window.

Dave

Thanks Dave looks like I need to find my microphone for my headset as I removed it and not sure where it is - so are you saying after I setup the microphone some speaking will be required - thank you great looking new version

Rich Sennett

The goal is to be able to fly using SayIt only, if you want.  Right now, you may have to say a few words to help it along and report the phrase that was missing from SayIt as a bug, in the bug forum.

Even SayIt requires the Voice Recognition Engine, which in turn requires a default recording device (microphone) so even when SayIt becomes perfect, you will need a microphone plugged in. 

Dave

The goal is to be able to fly using SayIt only, if you want.  Right now, you may have to say a few words to help it along and report the phrase that was missing from SayIt as a bug, in the bug forum.

Even SayIt requires the Voice Recognition Engine, which in turn requires a default recording device (microphone) so even when SayIt becomes perfect, you will need a microphone plugged in. 

Dave

Great thanks Dave - will go thru that now

Rich Sennett