Sign in to follow this  
Deighvid2011

Old problem with crash on exit on new WIN10 systems

I have done extensive searching on this subject with no luck finding current information, suggestions or fixes.  I have a new build per below specs.  I have WIN10 installed on drive C:\ on a 256GB SSD.  I have FSX installed on a separate drive known as E:\FSX\  Everything I see appears to indicate there is no problem installing in this manner. I am trying to give as much information as possible with the least number of characters.  Only when I install and use the NGX, do I have these problems.  I can load the NGX at a gate or on a RWY and everything works normally.  This problem starts when I esc and try to exit the program.  I get a CTD with the following log files entered. I have seen old posts with this error info, but they are not addressed for WIN8 or 10. 

- EventData

fsx.exe
   4643ee0a
   PMDG_737NGX.DLL
   c0000005
   000ec433
   01d16c621f2f6d36
   D:\FSX\fsx.exe
   D:\FSX\GAUGES\PMDG_737NGX.DLL
   888ad428-d855-11e5-9c04-3010b39cbfb7

If I uninstall the NGX and restart my computer and then restart FSX, everything is back to working normal. I can load any default aircraft and everything works fine and I can exit without any issues.    I re-install the NGX and sometimes when I start FSX I do not get asked to register the NGX again, nor the warnings about allowing the program to run, which I presume are saved somewhere, however when I go  into the cockpit all instruments are dark and can not be operated. Then when I just try to ESC and EXIT I get the crash at exit issue and nothing is saved.  On my last build when I was having these problems I just gave up. I uninstalled FSX and followed PMDG's delete FSX instructions and then loaded FSX back on the same drive as WIN10, reinstalled the NGX and never had a problem, which makes no sense because apparently it's well known that Windows and FSX can be on separate drives without issue.  I could find nothing that said the NGX would not operate correctly if done this way.  Obviously I am missing something and I hope to find someone or ones that can address this from a more current view rather than 2011 to 2013, and before I submit a ticket to PMDG.

Thank You.

David Rushing

HAF X / ASUS X99 PRO/USB  /  IntelCore i7-5930 3.5 Ghz O/C to 4.3Ghz cooled by H105 Extreme
Corsair Vengeance LPX 4 x 4 GB DDR4 3300  /  EVGA GeForce GTX 970 4GB Hybrid gaming
WIN10 64bit on SAMSUNG 850 PRO 256GB SSD / FSX ON separate SAMSUNG 850 PRO 1TB SSD

Photon 1200 P/S. 

If I uninstall the NGX and restart my computer and then restart FSX, everything is back to working normal. I can load any default aircraft and everything works fine and I can exit without any issues.    I re-install the NGX and sometimes when I start FSX I do not get asked to register the NGX again, nor the warnings about allowing the program to run, which I presume are saved somewhere, however when I go  into the cockpit all instruments are dark and can not be operated.

Why are you reinstalling so much. It's really not doing anything for you. The license key is not affected by uninstalls/reinstalls (imagine the pain that would be for the beta team, who occasionally does this multiple times a day some days), so it won't prompt you for the license on an uninstall/reinstall since it's still on your computer. The 'trust' prompts are stored in the FSX.cfg file, so unless you uninstalled the system, it won't prompt you there either.

If you're getting load issues, you've either set the as your default aircraft, or FlexNET got disabled.

Then when I just try to ESC and EXIT I get the crash at exit issue and nothing is saved.  On my last build when I was having these problems I just gave up. I uninstalled FSX and followed PMDG's delete FSX instructions and then loaded FSX back on the same drive as WIN10, reinstalled the NGX and never had a problem, which makes no sense because apparently it's well known that Windows and FSX can be on separate drives without issue.  I could find nothing that said the NGX would not operate correctly if done this way.  Obviously I am missing something and I hope to find someone or ones that can address this from a more current view rather than 2011 to 2013, and before I submit a ticket to PMDG.

If you're having an actual problem with something like licensing, or crashes, you're usually better off going straight to the support portal.

Instead of using ESC, use CTRL+C, ALT+F4, or click the X at the top right of the screen (windowed mode only).

Kyle Rodgers

Thanks Kyle. I suppose since my other box operates fine using the ESC back to the splash screen then ESC again to close, I presumed there was something wrong getting the CTD. I also have had no problem on my other box, short-cutting and saving my NGX as my default aircraft along with saving the flight at conclusion so I am still at my last airport for the next flight. Again presuming something was wrong. Using the "X" to close is working. Lessons learned on uninstalling and reinstalling which never made a difference. Still perplexed as to why this happens, I guess some things "just do". Thanks Sir.

David Rushing

I also have had no problem on my other box, short-cutting and saving my NGX as my default aircraft along with saving the flight at conclusion so I am still at my last airport for the next flight.

This can cause all sorts of issues, some not immediately apparent on some equipment, but it's definitely something that should be avoided. More information on this is in the Intro Manual, which I highly recommend having a look through.

Kyle Rodgers

Thanks again Kyle! I have read the intro manual and have seen the recommendations and from now forward will do a better job in following. I will always defer to the ones in the know. So far just saving the flight as not the default flight has worked fine. If there are any potential issues with this procedure please advise. I appreciate you and PMDG!

David Rushing

www.swavirtual.com

Thanks again Kyle!

Welcome.

If there are any potential issues with this procedure please advise.

There isn't any problem with saving a flight as long as you don't mark it as the default flight.

Kyle Rodgers