Sign in to follow this  
CGN-EDDK

P2A flight Plan Export

When I create a flightplan with or without SID and STARS in P2A and export it in P3D.pln file P3d itself can´t load the Flightplan. Maybe it is an wrong Format.

Thanks for the Beta.

Greetings Oliver

Hi Oliver

what is the route ?

I use SimStarter to 'auto load' the route (.pln) into the SIM at startup.. This way the weather program(ASN, OPUS) automatically pickups up on the route and generates the route weather without you having to do anything  :wink:

Just checking again, just in case we have missed something :smile:

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

Hello Alpha117

I create a simple Testroute from EDDT to ENBR in P2A. The first Waypoint is VOR ODN the next is VOR SVA. Then I export the Plan to P3D. Now P3D load the Plan. Then I add An SID in P2A. Runway 26L SID BKD6L Transition BKD and export this Plan to P3D. Now P3D does not load the Flightplan. I think it was the SID that could not load in P3D.

Thanks

Oliver

I don't think P3D or FSX are aware of SIDs and STARs hence they will not load them.

Why do you want the SID and STAR in the SIM for?

P2A is there for ATC.  The only time you need the route into the sim when using any ATC program is for a weather program to pick up on the ROUTE, that's all.

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

Because I load the complete Flightplan with SID and STAR in the Garmin GPS. So I can fly the complete Plan with GPS and NAV Mode.

But you are right. P2A is for ATC :smile:

Arrh OK

Dave is the GPS guy, so he will step in here.

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

Oliver,

Normally the GPS or FMS in the Aircraft will have the SIDs,STARs and Approaches available for selection in the GPS.

One way to accomplish what you want is to load the base flight plan (without SID in this case) and then add the SID with the GPS.  Then add the SID to P2A and the two should match so the aircraft will follow the flight plan.  This was not possible in V1 since V1 did not have the SID information.

If you could create the flight plan in the GPS and then save it to a file, send me the file and I can see what is causing the exported one not to load. 

Thanks,

Dave

I've been using FSCommander for some time. All the waypoints, SIDs STAR's and virtual can be saved to a P3D flight plan and opened by P3D.  Once opened by P3D it is automatically loaded into my Flight1 G1000 Student Simulator.  I can't do this with P2A V2. P3D does not recognise the same flight plan.

I would like to see P2A V2 have the same capability.

Regards

Rob

i9 7900x, Asus x299 Deluxe Prime, 3 x 1080ti, 32gb Ram, P3DV4.2, Prosim737, Immersive Display Pro, Pilot2ATC, AivlaSoft EFB

Rob,

Email me a flight plan that P3D is not able to import from P2A and the same flight plan that P3D is able to import so I can compare.  Likely just a small format error.

Thanks,

Dave

Sorry Dave, poor timing on my part. I can't do it for a few days.  I am in hospital at the moment.

What I can tell you to try is a simple FP in P2A V2 that will not work in P3D (V3.1). P3D will see the plan but when you click "Load", nothing happens.

Try this: -Create a direct flight from Eglin AFB to Jacksonville International.  P2A creates a mid waypoint.  P3D will not load this simple plan.

I will email you some plans to compare as soon as I am able.

Regards

Rob

i9 7900x, Asus x299 Deluxe Prime, 3 x 1080ti, 32gb Ram, P3DV4.2, Prosim737, Immersive Display Pro, Pilot2ATC, AivlaSoft EFB

Hi Dave,

Having the same problem with FSX. After creating a flight plan in P2ATC I export it to FSX . Finding the *.pln in FSX and then loading it nothing at all happens. Granted that P2ATC is for the ATC, it would be great to load the plan and then follow the flight on the MFD or use the GPS for navigation. Same with P3D V3.1.

Problem seems to be the incompatible databases. When I designate the COS4 SID and the rwy 32 approach into KRAP,  the SID nor the way points in the approach are not in the database. If I remove them and create a flight plan with simple VOR to VOR way points the plan will load into FSX and P3D just fine.

That's all I know today! Thanks Dave.

Ralph Zimmerman

Thanks Ralph. 

That makes perfect sense.  The same thing happens with X-Plane if the waypoints of the SID are not in the X-Plane database.  The way around this is to update the X-Plane/P3D/FSX data with the same AIRAC data as you have with Pilot2ATC.  Waypoint identifiers seem to be very volatile and change a great deal from month to month or year to year, while VORs and other navaids almost never change.  That's why a VOR to VOR flight plan loads and works well.

Thanks for sharing your observation.  I believe it explains the issues around P3D not importing Pilot2ATC .pln files.

If someone has updated AIRAC data from the same cycle on P3D and Pilot2ATC and is having trouble using .pln files from Pilot2ATC in P3D, please let us know and email me a .pln file that works in P3D and the one from Pilot2ATC that does not.

Thanks,

Dave

Thanks Dave,

Most 3rd party applications to FSX and P3D update their AIRAC data  individually through Aerosoft or Navigraph. I've never known nor seen that data in the sims themselves hence no sids nor stars. Wouldn't it be great to apply that data directly to FSX, P3D and X-plane. Then the data would always be fresh and correct.

Regards,

Ralph.