Sign in to follow this  
G-YMML1

Two separate issues, P3Dv3.1 here, W7-64

Hello,

I'm having two issues with NGX as follows...

1) When I need to create custom entries based on FIX (VOR/NDB/NAVFIX) and I normally open FIX page, type a name of the fix (JFK), type the course/radius (270/15) and then click on L2K or L3K to automatically generate custom coordinates to insert them then into a flightplan. The last step does not result in success (the coordinates aren't generated)  This was a normal routine with old NGX, 747 and other 737 products based on Collins/Honeywell FMC. It's not a case with current NGX/777 products. Need help with resolving this.

2) Weather Radar. I have ASN SP4 installed, FP is being loaded as required into ASB, however the weather depiction on WXR is extended for 40 miles only. WXR does not depict anything beyond 40  miles radius with various tilt settings. Is it a normal limitation of WXR or it's me doing something wrong.

Thank you in advance

Dmitriy Toropov 

Need help with resolving this.

Type it right on the legs page. This is shown in Tutorial #2 rather extensively.

Is it a normal limitation of WXR or it's me doing something wrong.

Limited to the cloud draw distance you set in ASN.

Kyle Rodgers

Kyle,

#1 - solved. Thank you

#2 - have clouds' draw distance set to 110/120 in ASN and 110 in P3D menu.

Dmitriy, full names on all posts here please. You can set up an automatic signature block to do this for you.

Agree, the radar data from ASN seems limited to about 40 nm regardless of my settings. This is a good topic for the HiFi forum.

Dan Downs KCRP

Thank you, Dan. Yes, it seems like 40nm WRX radius is a natural limitation of the ASN.

Bestrgrds

Dmiriy Toropov