Sign in to follow this  
hlender

Pilot2ATC keeps pausing

Hi New user;

I am currently using the Demo version. Everything seems to work ok. My only concern is that it keeps pausing when I fly the A/C and want to use the Radio or do something in the 

Pilot2ATC screen. For instance while flying if I get a clearance or anything else and I want to respond and click into the Pilot2ATC panel it will pause the flight until I finish the conversation.

Then I have to click outside the Panel and press the "P" to unpause the flight sim. I'm thinking it must be a setting somewhere. BTW the Connect button is in the on position.

Thanks in advance.

Harry

This is most likely a setting in the SIM.  FSX, and I believe P3D, by default pause when they lose program focus.  When you click to P2A, they lose focus.

There should be a setting in the SIM that will stop that behavior.  You will likely still lose the engine sound when you're in P2A, but it will come back when you click back on the SIM to give it focus.

If anyone out there in the community has the magic way to keep sound going when you switch to a different program, please jump in here!

Dave

This is most likely a setting in the SIM.  FSX, and I believe P3D, by default pause when they lose program focus.  When you click to P2A, they lose focus.

There should be a setting in the SIM that will stop that behavior.  You will likely still lose the engine sound when you're in P2A, but it will come back when you click back on the SIM to give it focus.

If anyone out there in the community has the magic way to keep sound going when you switch to a different program, please jump in here!

Dave

Thought having a second monitor would cure this - just set one up and it doesnt - oh well - would a networked computer to run Pilot2atc help ? can I run Pilot2atc on a networked pc - thanks

Rich Sennett

Hi

I have pilot2atc great program and I run on second pc in network no problem

Theres a example to set this up on the forum.

I think they are just about to release a new version , updated a lot in it,

All the best

Mike

Hi

I have pilot2atc great program and I run on second pc in network no problem

Theres a example to set this up on the forum.

I think they are just about to release a new version , updated a lot in it,

All the best

Mike

Cool Mike - you have a link

Rich Sennett

Dave

Just so you know: P3D has options for this. On the Sound settings page untick 'Mute on lost focus' and you will hear everything that's happening in the sim even when you are in another program. To stop the pausing go to the General settings page and untick 'Pause on task switch'.

Just so you know: P3D has options for this. On the Sound settings page untick 'Mute on lost focus' and you will hear everything that's happening in the sim even when you are in another program. To stop the pausing go to the General settings page and untick 'Pause on task switch'.

Wow you serious - going to try that now - took a day off lol thanks much

Wow it works you need to restart P3D but then it works - you the man Jeroen

Rich Sennett

Wow you serious - going to try that now - took a day off lol thanks much

Wow it works you need to restart P3D but then it works - you the man Jeroen

You're welcome. :wink:

Awesome job Sir

Well... it wasn't exactly rocket science. ;) I am actually surprised you apparently didn't look at all possible settings yet! :P If there is one thing I do when I get a new game or sim is checking out ALL possible settings and figuring out what they do. But hey, it's always great to make someone happy! ;)

Well... it wasn't exactly rocket science. ;) I am actually surprised you apparently didn't look at all possible settings yet! :P If there is one thing I do when I get a new game or sim is checking out ALL possible settings and figuring out what they do. But hey, it's always great to make someone happy! ;)

Made my day thats for sure   :wink:

Rich Sennett

That seems to have done the trick. Thanks everyone. Also one last question. I just completed buying the software now is V2 ready for download?

Thanks in advance.

Harry

That seems to have done the trick. Thanks everyone. Also one last question. I just completed buying the software now is V2 ready for download?

Thanks in advance.

Harry

Yes Harry - send your V1 key back to Dave and He will get you a serial for beta V2 - download is here

http://pilot2atc.com/V2Downloads

Rich Sennett