Sign in to follow this  
OldFlyboy

Problem with Salt Lake City Center

First Contact after takeoff from Bozeman is okay. Plan filed after takeoff. Several contacts from them telling me to contact Salt Lake City Center (I'm already on the freq). No response when I call. Told to switch to a different freq for Salt Lake Center. No response when I do. Numerous attempts to get response so I can request altitude change. They told me to adjust heading three time while this was going on.

Never did get a response to my request  so I descended to set up approach for Jackson Hole.

I expected some response to that but none came......I assume the comms portion of the program stopped working.

Hope someone can clear this up for me...I am spending too much time trying to communicate.

Thanks all

Neal Howard

betateam.jpg

Hi Neal.

I need to try and reproduce the scenario you are describing.  Something may have gone wrong and knocked ATC off, or any number of other issues.

If you could save the contents of the text window by selecting all the text in it (Ctl-A) and then copying it (Ctl-C) and then paste into an email to me along with a saved copy of your flight plan, I can try and see what's going on.

Thanks,

Dave

Thanks Dave. I will try the flight again later. In the meantime will see if any info is still on the PC (is it saved somewhere?).

One other problem: I cannot set the field elevation od departure/destination airports. The program sets them both to my cruise altitude. I will reread the user guide again just in case it is already explained/\.

Neal Howard

betateam.jpg

The field elevations are not settable.  They should be set properly by the program, so it sounds like you have a bug.  Please email me the flight plan that is causing the problem.

Thanks,

Dave