Sign in to follow this  
Humberside

Dual Operation Air Bridges

Hi,

I am using GSX, but is there anyway of gaining dual operation (and tri operation once the 747 arrives) of air bridges at airports such as DXB. I've seen at aerosoft airports they can be operated by AES. I've also seen SODE, however I believe that the airport needs to be SODE compatible? (Like ATL) Also I've seen people have mixed reviews about SODE and the installation seems extensive to say the least.

So is there a way to gain dual/tri operation?

Thanks

Joe

Hi,

Why are you asking a GSX question on the PMDG forum?

I'm not asking a GSX question, I'm merely stating that I use it. The fact that I'm asking about something to do with a PMDG product, should allow a thread in the PMDG forum, I was hoping that I may gain a response from people who fly PMDG aircraft and may have achieved what I am asking.

Joe

I am not aware of any way to do this right now (would love to know in case I'm missing something).  AES would allow this at proper airports and gates.  I understand, as you do, that SODE allows this, but I thought this was a developer side thing and the jetbridge thing was a fairly new addition...not too sure if I'm correct or not though.

Eric Szczesniak

I'd be happy if scenery developers would animate their gates, at least half my purchased sceneries have static gates. Seems trivial, and it is, but also seems odd that they create these beautiful products then skip on something so banal.

• Upvote 1

Dan Downs KCRP

I think you can modify GSX from within the simulator thru menu and identify serviceable / operational doors.

Please check the GSX manual for further details.

I think you can modify GSX from within the simulator thru menu and identify serviceable / operational doors.

Please check the GSX manual for further details.

Thanks I'll check it out

For multiple jetway docking, in FSX you would need AES. AES will not be produced for P3D FSDT / Flightbeam are working to implement SODE which will then allow multiple gates to dock, smoothly and look realistic. Right now besides the default jetway animation there is nothing else.

For multiple jetway docking, in FSX you would need AES. AES will not be produced for P3D FSDT / Flightbeam are working to implement SODE which will then allow multiple gates to dock, smoothly and look realistic. Right now besides the default jetway animation there is nothing else.

Ok thanks