Sign in to follow this  
aaronshenhao

Help! Accidentally deleted something...

Hi,

I decided to remove Reshade's annoying popup by removing the d3d (or something like that .dll file). However, I also accidently deleted other .dll files that start with a "d" or anything near them. 

Now when I turn on boom, the aircraft startup screen tuns back and if you load it with bloom, it loads, but there is no aircraft. Another problem is that when I do turn off bloom (I use DX10 with fixer), the ground textures have turned into water and all the objects just floating above it.

What's going on? Which file did I delete and how do I fix this? Can someone please take a screenshot of their main FSX folder around the .dll files starting with "d"?

Here are 2 screenshots of my main FSX folder:

Screenshot_164.png

Screenshot_165.png

Run up the steam app. On the FSX line in the menu, right-click it and choose properties.

You should see Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition - Properties

there are a row of tabs under that, click on LOCAL FILES

click on Verify Integrity of Game Cache...

That should repair the fsx folder.

...sorry thought it said FSX-SE. Similarly with the boxed version of FSX, put the DVD in and choose the repair option.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Run up the steam app. On the FSX line in the menu, right-click it and choose properties.

You should see Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition - Properties

there are a row of tabs under that, click on LOCAL FILES

click on Verify Integrity of Game Cache...

That should repair the fsx folder.

...sorry thought it said FSX-SE. Similarly with the boxed version of FSX, put the DVD in and choose the repair option.

Aha thanks! I totally forgot about the repair option. I'm gonna try that out.

What does repair change though? Will it override any modifications like FTX Global scenery textures?

I can't quite remember, but if you got two disk version of FSX, put the second one in after the repair and see if it also has a repair function.

I can't quite remember, but if you got two disk version of FSX, put the second one in after the repair and see if it also has a repair function.

I've just repaired it. When I inserted the first disk it asked whether I was installing or repairing. I'm not sure whether it installed a new copy over my addon components if it didn't recognise it as default. 

I've got a simprop.dll error at startup. Seems like I forgot to repair Accelerated also.

I just reinstalled Acceleration and repaired FSX. I am still getting the same problem. I have attached a screenshot. Can someone look at my previous screenshots and identify which critical file I am missing, probably a .dll file that starts with a "d".

How do I fix this? The loading screen is black when light bloom is turned on and ground textures are transparent. What is happening? Can someone please take a screenshot of their main FSX folder?

This is the problem:

Screenshot_166.jpg

I grabbed a list of files from the default install of FSX Gold:

"xuipc.dll" "ablscpt.dll" "acckey.txt" "Ace.exe" "acontain.dll" "activate.exe" "ai_player.dll" "airlines.cfg" "AirObjectVisuals.xml" "api.dll" "atc.dll" "bkg.bmp" "cameras.cfg" "controls.dll" "credits.rtf" "demo.dll" "display.cfg" "dlxkey.txt" "DVDCheck.exe" "Elumens.cfg" "eula.dll" "Eula.html" "eula.rtf" "facilities.dll" "fe.dll" "flight.dll" "FS9.exe" "FS2000.exe" "FS2002.exe" "FSACL.exe" "fs-traffic.dll" "fsui.dll" "fsx.exe" "g2d.dll" "g3d.dll" "GameuxInstallHelper.dll" "GaugeSound.dll" "gps.dll" "Kiosk.exe" "kiosk.rtf" "KioskSettings.cfg" "language.dll" "livingwater.dll" "LWcfg.spb" "main.dll" "mpc.ini" "mspac.dll" "mspacres.dll" "msxml4.manifest" "multiplayer.dll" "panels.dll" "Phone Activation.xml" "privacy statement.rtf" "Readme.htm" "readme.rtf" "scenery.cfg" "sim1.dll" "simprop.dll" "simpropace.dll" "simpropext.dll" "simscheduler.dll" "sldlext.dll" "sound.dll" "Standard.xml" "stars.dat" "suneffect.cfg" "symmap.dll" "terrain.cfg" "terrain.dll" "ThermalDescriptions.xml.sav" "ui.dll" "util.dll" "visualfx.dll" "WaterConstants.Xml" "weather.dll" "window.dll"

Your shader cache is corrupted. Delete all the shader folders located in C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Microsoft\FSX.

The Steam repair function will overwrite the FTX Global textures with the default ones, so you'll need to reinstall it as well.

Couldn't you have just gone into the recycle bin and restored the files you accidentally deleted?

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I think what you are looking for is the d3d9.dll or the d3d11.dll both of which are used for SweetFX or the ENBSeries Modules. They are not needed for FSX and are safe to delete.

In my FSX folder I do have a d3dx10_34.dll which was is dated 1/13/2014 but it is not part of FSX or Acceleration. It may have been installed by PMDG as they run a DX10 installer during their installations or it could belong to the DX10SceneryFixer program (payware). It is not required for a normal installation of FSX/Acceleration.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Couldn't you have just gone into the recycle bin and restored the files you accidentally deleted?

Where's the fun in that? :smile:

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

I hold down Shift when I delete to increase excitement.

• Upvote 1

I hold down Shift when I delete to increase excitement.

Oh! Hard man eh? :BigGrin: The times I've rummaged around the recycle bin are without number.

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

:lol:

Me too. The result is always the same, the bottle was just as empty as it was when I threw it out.