Sign in to follow this  
duckbilled

The best real time weather addon?

Guest bobsk8

>>why is active sky better than the freeware fsmetar, which>>includes downloads for noaa, vatsim and ivao...then exports>>them to fs9? thanks...>>>>sherm>>>>I'm still trying to figure out what makes it better then FS9>default real weather? That combined with Flight Environment,>seems to do a good job for me? It's hard to tell from the>screenshots what it actually brings to the table.Here it is , plain and simple. default weather does not look like what I see when I look out the window of a real aircraft. Active Sky does..That's it.

I'm sure this has been asked before but can anyone put it short and say is there considerable difference between version 5 and the prevous 4.5 ? I own the latter but hesitating to buy the newer version unless its significantly better..

Guest bobsk8

>I'm sure this has been asked before but can anyone put it>short and say is there considerable difference between version>5 and the prevous 4.5 ? I own the latter but hesitating to buy>the newer version unless its significantly better..>I can, it IS significantly better!!!!!!!!

"I'm sure this has been asked before but can anyone put it short and say is there considerable difference between version 5 and the prevous 4.5 ? I own the latter but hesitating to buy the newer version unless its significantly better.."Yes it is, and even moreso with the recent free update.IMHO you will be most pleased. I've had all versions and they just keep getting better!JackD

Guest ecv737

Except for the Clouds (which I do not need since I use FE, what is the difference between AS5 and FS Meteo.I use the FS Meteo with FE and they work beautifully.What makes you guy go for AS5. What is particulaly Better than FS MeteoBTW I own AS5 but have never use it, it was a gift and I too used to version 7 of FS Meteo.Come on make my day. Why AS5 is better than Mr. FS Meteo???Edmundo

Hi Edmundo,Since you own ASV why not try it and see how you like it? There is no problem having both add-ons installed at the same time...Best,

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Hi,Besides the graphics upgrades w/ included ICS (intelligent cloud selection based on weather conditions), ASV also offers wake turbulence simulation, vertical air (up and downdraft) simulation, tight FSUIPC integration for better smoothing, wx/flight planning features, wx configuration interface, offline historical sequential playback, private weather server system, enhanced world-wide winds aloft, dozens of options for configuration, weather radar and data display module, constant updates and new developments, and much more. It also works great with FE if you prefer those cloud textures!Best,

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

I know you don't need more convincing but ASV and FE produce the most stunning environments I have ever seen in FS. Yesterday, I was driving with my wife and I pointed at the sunset and said, "That is the exact sunset I had in fs last night." She wasn't very excited but I thought it was very cool.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

> "That is the exact sunset I had in fs last>night." She wasn't very excited but I thought it was very>cool.Don't I know just too well what you are talking about! :)I also use ASV and FE and find it to be a stunning combination. You certainly can do with ASV only but there is just something about those two together that is so nice! :)

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

Well I just bought ASV and so far I like it. As I already have FE, I'm not seeing much visually different, then what I can get with FE alone. However what it does do, and makes it worth the money for me, is the smoth transition between areas. No more sunny one second, mostly cloudy the next. This alone is worth the price of admission. I did have 1 CTD on a cross Country flight, just as I was decending into Oakland. I have never gotten a CTD in flight before. However at this point I'm not prepared to point the finger at ASV, as I have heard of problems with Fall Textures in some scenery packages (It's fall now), so I need to do more investigating to find out what caused it, or if it was just an isolated condition.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Guest ecv737

Tried AS5 (but not the Clouds) with FE.Nice GUI and features, However it does not work with FS FlightKeeper latest version 2.6, so I can not use it when Flyng online for my VA.So until this is solved (I think Aerosoft Paul Molitor creator of FS FlightKeeper is working on a patch), I will stick to the combination FS Meteo/FEEdmundo