Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

FS9.CFG [Graphics] Auto_ Lod entry

Have waited to comment my results lest I be labeled an anti-whatever again.  Changed value and saw no visual change.  Observed some drop in frame rate and well as increase in stutters in certain areas.

Intel I3 with ATI Radeon HD5750 graphics.

Have changed value back to "0".

So glad at least one other person saw no merit to this change on their system.

Here are some screenshots showing distant terrain. Mitch's tweak along with terrain max vertex forced to 25 and mip maps forced to 12. Some with SweetFx HDR, some without. SweetFx lumasharpen also set. What isn't working well at the moment is anti-aliasing, it removes my 2D panels when active. But this was already before changing autolod to 1.

Costa%2BSmeralda_2016.jpg

Costa%2BSmeralda_2016_2.jpg

Grand_Canyon_2016.jpg

Autogen_2016.jpg

Autogen_2016_2.jpg

Lowi_2016_Ground.jpg

Lowi_2016.jpg

Cheers,

Sascha

Here are some screenshots showing distant terrain. Mitch's tweak along with terrain max vertex forced to 25 and mip maps forced to 12. Some with SweetFx HDR, some without. SweetFx lumasharpen also set. What isn't working well at the moment is anti-aliasing, it removes my 2D panels when active. But this was already before changing autolod to 1.

Costa%2BSmeralda_2016.jpg

Costa%2BSmeralda_2016_2.jpg

Grand_Canyon_2016.jpg

Autogen_2016.jpg

Autogen_2016_2.jpg

Lowi_2016_Ground.jpg

Lowi_2016.jpg

Cheers,

Sascha

Wow...that really looks good, Sascha...I'm going to try Mip Bias now set to 12 from my usual setting of 5, and see what happens.  I also ran the other at 21...but now have it set to 25 as well.

Wow...that really looks good, Sascha...I'm going to try Mip Bias now set to 12 from my usual setting of 5, and see what happens. I also ran the other at 21...but now have it set to 25 as well.

Mitch, you have to use a batch file to start FS9 or else change that each time. FS9 reverts to default of max 8 for mip maps and 21 for max vertex levels. COuld be you need to upscale max vertex, I'll have to check for the config line.

Cheers,

Sascha

Mitch, you have to use a batch file to start FS9 or else change that each time. FS9 reverts to default of max 8 for mip maps and 21 for max vertex levels. COuld be you need to upscale max vertex, I'll have to check for the config line.

Cheers,

Sascha

Hi Sascha,  can you share your already written batch file in a PM? :)

Mitch, I sent you a mail. I'm sorry, I can't figure out how to attach a file to the PM.

Cheers,

Sascha

Mitch, I sent you a mail. I'm sorry, I can't figure out how to attach a file to the PM.

Cheers,

Sascha

Thank you!  Got it...and am tweaking to your spec's as I type... :)

I just edited the batch files file point-to's...and just now need just an explanation as to, when running the batch files for day or night...exactly what action will they take?  

Thanks, Sascha.  BTW...going to 12.5 from 9.5 really brought up the visual clarity, even more, on the terrain_xxxx files.

On 29.2.2016 at 0:32 PM, sascha said:

Cheers,

Sascha

FS9 could be tricked quite easy

MipBias=12
//MipBias=7

TERRAIN_MAX_VERTEX_LEVEL=25
//TERRAIN_MAX_VERTEX_LEVEL=21

that way it did not change back the vertex 25 or the mipbias 12 when closing the Sim but I did not know if that works also when changing a ingame setting and close sim think I have to run a test for that ;)