Sign in to follow this  
JGSJW

Planes won't taxi or fly straight either one without auto pilot

After 3 years faithfull service my Eclipse Yoke has gone goofy and I cannot dial it in with CH Manager or the Windows calibration feature in FS. I have FS9 and Windows 7. 

Regardless of auto rudder or not all my planes S-TURN their way down the runway severely  and if i survive the takeoff I have to engage the auto pilot.  Do these things finally wear out?  I fly the sim every night for most of the night. I am an old air taxi pilot in his seventies but not much of a techy

Oh yes, they do wear out - sorry!  3 years does seem a bit early though.  I've had my latest one getting on for 10 years now and it still works OK - and hope it continues!

Some people take the things to pieces [have a look at You Tube] and replace, or clean, the potentiometers but if you're not a techie [i'm not either!] then if you are sure it is the yoke which has gone south then the only way is to buy a new one.

Dijvid

Monday morning I have been able to stabilize my planes by using the calibration feature that is inside the FS itself. Until this morning that was useless too but now ok. CH Manager still has no effect on my sim however so something must have derailed it and I think I shoiuld reload it. is there a best way to reload the CH Manager?

I just uninstall it via the usual Windows option and then reinstall.  Be careful if you use FlightSim Commander as I have found that CH overwrites some of the FSC's DLLs and I have reinstall FSC as well.

Dijvid

Maybe not the reason but if you have another controller plugged in FS can also read the inputs from that controller. Example: I use my joystick for FS but also have a steering wheel connected to the PC. If I bump or leave my steering wheel off center it moves the ailerons. The situation can leave you scratching your head for a bit until you realize the problem and then it's a case of "duh!"

Mark Daniels