Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Getting great water and waves in DX10 using the latest nVidia driver...361.91

VERY clear and well defined water textures in FSX boxed/DX10 Steve's Fixer

2016_2_22_2_59_22_377.png

2016_2_22_3_7_12_42.png

Just landed, and switched to my Power Ball yacht!   Getting great FPS with all this wake and spray happening, over 23 FPS!  This is the best FPS ratings I have ever had with spray effects of this magnitude. Before this suite, I'd only get about 7-10 FPS. Spray/wake is a FPS-killer, but no longer.... Run..don't walk to get this driver suite!

boatfps.png

2016_2_22_3_20_15_97.png

2016_2_22_3_20_19_514.png

2016_2_22_3_20_44_657.png

2016_2_22_3_31_5_537.png

• Upvote 1

Well...back to the good life, around St. Martin...a' la FSX/DX10!

2016_2_22_3_37_27_355.png

goodlife1.png

goodlife2.png

goodlife3.png

2016_2_22_4_0_7_115.png

...and goodnight, you landlubbers!  Lobster is about to be served on the aft lounge deck....and I ain't missing it! :)

2016_2_22_4_3_39_638.png

Wow really nice, can you share with us your water configuration? :smile:

Sure will...the next time I fire up FSX, I'll capture the screen and post it on this thread. :)

Lol very simple, thank you man, btw try to fly with a helicopter very close to the water, there is a interesting effect similar to P3Dv3 :wink:

Walter Almaraz

4.jpg

Just as important would be your water settings in the Fixer, not just FSX.

Stew

"Different dog, different fleas"

And also if REX is running, actually I'm using REX4 and everything is fine, specially with the lastest drivers, honestly thanks to this drivers I prefer FSX DX10 instead of P3Dv3 :P

Walter Almaraz

4.jpg

Very true...forgot about this mask...so here it is...Steve's Fixer, water settings...

Untitled.png

Thanks for the tip--I'll try these out, though they are almost the same as my present settings, with the exception of the Night Lighting settings.

Stew

"Different dog, different fleas"

Actually I tried your settings and I really liked, my water has been improved, thank you :smile:

Glad you like them.  I usually use FSX boxed at about 80 percent flying...and 20 percent of the time, on marine activities.  I especially like boating down larger river waterways in ORBX regional scenery. You truly feel like you are there in the moment, and get to see actually how detailed some of that scenery is, and can't be seen in detail from the heights.

Boating (with the runabout, or yacht) on ORBX Lake Tahoe is a blast!

I have one scenario, that has me sort of kayaking down some mountainous streams in Washington State. It is...to be sure...quite real-world immersive.  FSX and the ORBX scenery has made in my mind, FSX as a world simulator as much as a flight simulator.  I avail myself of the full ground or air 'experience'.

Cheers,

Nicely done Mitch. The boat shots are cool. :)

Thanks, Jon.  I use to bum out, that if I used the yachts, I could only get 7-10 FPS when wakes and bow spray started to spawn.  Now...as you can see...I can be sitting at around 21-30 FPS depending on the shot, and with full display of spray effects.  ONLY after upgrading to the newest nVidia driver suite for my GTX680 2GB card.

Of course, I am thrilled, and have a new 'view' with some of the great scenery I have going for me, in the Caribbean.

One of my flight setup's..is to fly from Key West, to Guadalupe, and then park at the G.A. ramps....I, my wife, and guests, take to a taxi...and to the private dock where our displayed yacht is waiting...and then cruise on out into the Carib...and head for another island.  At a LOD of 6.5...it is so cool, to hear the waves slapping up against the hull...and the neighboring island coming slowly into view...with the mountains rising into the afternoon sun....Fantasy on afterburners.... I, 

KORS (ORBX) at and on the water...looks fantastic....and with at least 21 plus FPS pumping it out!  What a hoot it is to motor out of the KORS marina...past  the other expensive toys, there...and cruise right by the orca pod...and then take my guests into the bays that have other marine life (dolphins) at play.   There's more to FSX and P3D other than flying over all this great coastal scenery...there's also coming up, close and clear to it as well.  Try Lake Tahoe, if you have that...and take a cruise by the town waterfront....It will hook ya....

Cheers,

Mitch