Sign in to follow this  
roadrabbit316

Autopilot Disconnect

I have just 'returned' to the PMDG B747-400X 'Queen of the Skies' after a short break. Great to be back, and stirring up many memories!

However, I am having a problem with disconnecting the autopilot to revert to manual flight. I use FSUIPC to set up my controls and have a Saitek Pro Yoke and dual throttle quadrants. All work well, including spoiler/speedbrake and flaps functions. The one thing that is NOT working is the 'Autopilot Disconnect' which I am trying to configure to work via the red button on the yoke.

I have tried both the <Autopilot Master> and <Autopilot OFF> assignments via FSUIPC but neither work. FSUIPC does register the function of the red button, but does not read the assignments attempted.

I seem to have a vague recollection of this problem with the PMDG B747-400X from earlier days, but also recall that there was a solution. Any help would be much appreciated.

[This autopilot disconnect function DOES work with other FSX loaded aircraft]

I seem to have a vague recollection of this problem with the PMDG B747-400X from earlier days, but also recall that there was a solution. Any help would be much appreciated.

It's been so long since I've flown the old 747 that I'm not sure what key commands were offered, but I'd look in the Add-Ons > PMDG Options menu to find a key command for AP Disconnect. From there, set some command (CTRL + SHIFT + 1, for example), and then go into FSUIPC and assign that command to the button you're trying to use. Alternatively, some hardware comes with a key command / macro assignment program, where you could set it as well.

Kyle Rodgers

Thanks for the reply - it all sounds very familiar .......... :wink:

After using the search function on the forum with no results, as soon as I had posted the above, suddenly there it was - a thread all about autopilot disconnect! Have read the advice and will apply it.

Useful, too, as it also answered my unasked questions about aircraft door operation - serandipity or what?

Useful, too, as it also answered my unasked questions about aircraft door operation - serandipity or what?

I'd call that a good start to the week!

Kyle Rodgers