Sign in to follow this  
ohsirus

X-Life Traffic for X-plane

Anybody using it?

http://jardesign.org/x-life/www/

X-Life generates a realistic ground and air traffic, based on the principles of real-life aircraft movements. Each aircraft operated by the AI pilot. All aircraft are controlled by ATC. Algorithms of ground-routes building will avoid conflicts and based on data from apt.dat sceneries files.

When I enter the sim and click "agree" on the big popup window for the license, it sends me to the license page but the popup doesn't disappear so I have to uninstall it sadly without seeing what it can do.

What I did was to start in one of the listed airports with traffic and that pop up went off, that list of airports is a txt file included in the package, then you can see some options in the plugin dialog box, anyway I didn't notice any traffic and there is a on/off option for traffic in the dialog box, when I toggle it the sim freeze and crash. Don't know what's wrong.

• Upvote 1

Alexander Colka

At least the readme file is typical JAR Design :) next to no information how to get it running properly.

When I enter the sim and click "agree" on the big popup window for the license, it sends me to the license page but the popup doesn't disappear so I have to uninstall it sadly without seeing what it can do.

Yeah it was driving me crazy too. There is a screen hidden behind the "Agree" screen. Just click somewhere and drag the screen out from behind the agree screen. Close it, and hit "agree".

Where does the program get traffic from? Is there any way to get country appropriate traffic at certain airports? I don't want to keep seeing Singapore A380's, etc. at Portland airport......

Yeah, it's a little weird, but it's a heck of a lot better than trying maintain your own schedules. I might consider buying it, once I figure out exactly how it works.

Got it but not sure how or if it works. Now sitting at KCID with traffic set at 150 percent and sky and gates are bare and have been for half an hour now.

I made sure it was set to ON and set my settings but no traffic show even when I go the in sim map. I have most all of the libraries so think I have some ai planes it can use.

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Ok, I see, it does not have support for any US airport and it looks like only a handful of Euro aiports are setup to use this software.

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Ok, I see, it does not have support for any US airport and it looks like only a handful of Euro aiports are setup to use this software.

Hi Paul, so I should not purchase right now?

Regards

Lamar Wright

I'm assuming that the beta just has a few example schedules for select European airports and that the release version will have more. Else it is no better (at least on the surface) than World Traffic and it costs money.

Hi Paul, so I should not purchase right now

I would get it because you can now buy the deluxe version for half price (10 bucks). But it is a beta and not all things work yet. You should download the free version and see if it works for you and if so then buy the deluxe.

I have a lot of questions about how to use this and what airports work and also how to make it work with the airports I have made but I like what I see so far.

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Well, first time in my life I saw AI traffic in X-Plane, except the default one.

It must have traffic for the rest of the world. Today it has only for some airports in Europe.

At least it is a hope. 

I did try it but don't fly at a lot of European airports that it works for so. I've seen Worldtraffic 2.0 vids as well,, that looks more complete but looks like a lot of work setting stuff up. TBH I don't care what tail number gets what route, SID and STAR is nice I just want semi realistic traffic. 

• Upvote 2