Sign in to follow this  
ohsirus

X-Life Traffic for X-plane

I've seen Worldtraffic 2.0 vids as well,, that looks more complete but looks like a lot of work setting stuff up.

next version to come (2.2) will generate traffic along your route (or just around the origin airport if you did not enter destination airport). Seems a big improvment on today's complex setup :-)

------------------

Guillaume CHARRIER

What aircraft models are they using for AI traffic?

NAX669.png

X-Life uses aircraft from your custom scenery libraries.

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

X-Life uses aircraft from your custom scenery libraries.

So it would use the Bluebell aircraft that World Traffic uses?

NAX669.png

Isnt the biggest issue with these 2 traffic AI programs is ground routes?   If the airport doesnt have a ground routes and a proper one at that, the AI have no idea what to do. In fact if they land they will be stuck or dissappear from what I understand. Making ground routes is not that easy either.

Im curious about X-life and I own worldtraffic 2.1. Looking forward to 2.2 though. Looks to be alot of added features coming.

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

I sat at KSEA with 150% and it was loaded with AC. Quite a site. Of course nothing was moving. Not departure or arrival code.

Even with full saturation of static ac my frames were hardly hit.

Bob

I just tired out the MrX scenery for KPDX that was converted by Swedgehouse to use with X-Life and it was like being at a real airport- very busy to the point of congestion.

I watched in tower view for half an hour or so because it was so amazing. Never had such traffic action in FSX.

This new software will bring X-Plane to a whole new level.

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Paul,

Can you point me to the converted KPDX?

What else do I need besides the airport itself?

Sorry, the scenery stuff really throws me.

Bob

I am not sure what type of links I can post here so just go to the X-Plane Org forums and in the main forum look for a thread titled X-Plane and X-Life and in the last pages of post should be the links by Swedgehouse.

You just need the two files you download to then go into the X-Life plugin folder called Airports. Then go into the sim and select KPDX (of course you will also need the amazing KPDX by MrX).

Open the scenery and start X-Life and watch the place fill up with airliners. I will take a little bit for the action to start but when it does your in for a treat.

Oh, you also need OpenScenery library in your custom scenery folder so that X-Life has some planes to use.

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Thanks Paul,

Once you have all that movement, how are your frames/smoothness? How would the level of traffic you are seeing compare to FSX/P3D with the

same level? Is there GA Traffic as well?

Bob

My frames are good because this uses planes from your custom scenery libraries and they are very basic and frame rate friendly. You can also adjust this software to lower the amount of traffic. I had mine at full tilt.

Better than anything I have seen on FSX or P3D.

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Great news Paul! Is there also GA traffic? It seems not or they would have commercial and ga sliders I would think.

These models probably lack a little luster but that's fine with me.

Bob

I am not sure what type of links I can post here so just go to the X-Plane Org forums and in the main forum look for a thread titled X-Plane and X-Life and in the last pages of post should be the links by Swedgehouse.

You just need the two files you download to then go into the X-Life plugin folder called Airports. Then go into the sim and select KPDX (of course you will also need the amazing KPDX by MrX).

Open the scenery and start X-Life and watch the place fill up with airliners. I will take a little bit for the action to start but when it does your in for a treat.

Oh, you also need OpenScenery library in your custom scenery folder so that X-Life has some planes to use.

any chance u can make a video?

I got kpdx installed and it looks great. Most of the AC are static as part of the airport it seems. I can see the x-life planes pop into thegates, but there is no movement. No Taxi, not arrivals. Plenty of airport ground traffic which is very nice. There is a option to look at the arrival and departure info, but there are none. Not sure if I am doing this correctly or not.

Bob