Sign in to follow this  
fat-al

FSX SE Windows 10 Install

Hi All,

I have almost finished a new build and want to upgrade FSX too.
I have read a lot about people installing windows 10 and FSX and having issues.

mY first question is, are the issues mostly to do with upgrading OS, or are these issues true for clean windows 10 installs too?

Secondly, when I first installed fsx (boxed) I followed an excellent guide by NickN, which outlined system tweaks like turning off windows services etc, as well as fsx settings. Are these system tweaks still valid today on modern and / or windows 10 systems?

Kind regards,

Al

Hi Al, as I understand it FSX SE has already been tweaked and does not need to be. I don't have the SE version but many do so you will probably get a lot of good advice from this forum. Good luck Al.

Regards

Lamar Wright

My main sim pc has windows 10 clean install after win 7 update

FSX steam has been working great for some time - it is also now win 10 compatible - addon compatibility is mainly down to Dovetail thinking ahead and configuring stand alone installs of the steam version to emulate as close as possible the registry keys and folder names used by fsx box.

Nick's guide contains some system settings that apply in both win 7 and win 10 but I haven't see any indication that he has plans to do a win 10 or FSX steam update to the guide Certainly FSX steam is about as optimised as it can be following Dovetail's own testing.

Pete

Hi All,

I have almost finished a new build and want to upgrade FSX too.

I have read a lot about people installing windows 10 and FSX and having issues.

mY first question is, are the issues mostly to do with upgrading OS, or are these issues true for clean windows 10 installs too?

Secondly, when I first installed fsx (boxed) I followed an excellent guide by NickN, which outlined system tweaks like turning off windows services etc, as well as fsx settings. Are these system tweaks still valid today on modern and / or windows 10 systems?

Kind regards,

Al

What exactly have you read "a lot of" regarding issues...?

I definitely have FSX issues in clean install of Win10 (and Win8 on a separate laptop) but compatibility workarounds do work ok so far.

No special install, put in disc and run setup.exe. Activation went fine also.