Sign in to follow this  

Strange Blue squares on all lights?

As the topic title suggests , after firing up the sim and flying I get blue squares over ALL the exterior lights on the aircraft. On top of that when I go to the Operations Centre to repair the livery, Its as if I still need to purchase the 777 for P3D, which I obviously have. Was working fine before????.

777error.png?dl=0

777error2.png?dl=0

spacer.png

MSI Codex 5 10SC-262UK Desktop PC - Intel Core i7-10700, RTX 2060 Graphics, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 256GB SSD.

As the topic title suggests , after firing up the sim and flying I get blue squares over ALL the exterior lights on the aircraft.

Download a fresh copy of the installer. Uninstall the old version. Reinstall the version you just downloaded.

On top of that when I go to the Operations Centre to repair the livery,

Wouldn't have helped. The livery doesn't drive the lights. The model does.

Was working fine before????.

Then something messed your registry up. Install anything lately that might somehow adjust the P3D registry entry? Migration tool, etc?

Kyle Rodgers

Download a fresh copy of the installer. Uninstall the old version. Reinstall the version you just downloaded.

Wouldn't have helped. The livery doesn't drive the lights. The model does.

Then something messed your registry up. Install anything lately that might somehow adjust the P3D registry entry? Migration tool, etc?

Ok I will re-install. thanks for the help, and not touched a thing in regards to installation of anything into P3D. Thanks :)

spacer.png

MSI Codex 5 10SC-262UK Desktop PC - Intel Core i7-10700, RTX 2060 Graphics, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 256GB SSD.

Ok I will re-install. thanks for the help, and not touched a thing in regards to installation of anything into P3D. Thanks :)

Reinstall, but again, be sure you download a new copy of the installer from your account.

You have 4 notifications at the top of the Ops Center. What is it notifying you about?

Kyle Rodgers

Reinstall, but again, be sure you download a new copy of the installer from your account.

You have 4 notifications at the top of the Ops Center. What is it notifying you about?

I have a saved version of the latest installer that ok to use?. The notifications are to update the FSX versions of the 777/773. I don't use FSX anymore so no point updating.  

spacer.png

I have a saved version of the latest installer that ok to use?

No. If that installer is the one you used for the aircraft that's currently installed, then it will likely give you the same result.

Kyle Rodgers

No. If that installer is the one you used for the aircraft that's currently installed, then it will likely give you the same result.

Downloading now...will report back. Thanks once again Kyle.

spacer.png

Downloading now...will report back. Thanks once again Kyle.

Welcome - let us know.

Kyle Rodgers

Welcome - let us know.

Another problem, downloaded the installer and now the installer says it cannot find P3D.exe.  I have checked the registry and it points to the place I have installed it . I have never moved the installation of P3D.

spacer.png

Another problem, downloaded the installer and now the installer says it cannot find P3D.exe.  I have checked the registry and it points to the place I have installed it . I have never moved the installation of P3D.

Do you have the Migration Tool installed?

Kyle Rodgers

Do you have the Migration Tool installed?

Its ok I fixed an entry in the P3D registry location that pointed to something else, Installer works, installed fired, up the sim. lights issue is fixed :).....However the Operations Centre issue still exists as per the picture??? EDIT copied the texture files etc from my FSX installation.

spacer.png

Its ok I fixed an entry in the P3D registry location that pointed to something else, Installer works, installed fired, up the sim. lights issue is fixed :).....However the Operations Centre issue still exists as per the picture??? Is there any way to extract the files from a .ptp extension so I can add liveries manually ?

You didn't exactly answer my last question, which is actually extremely important. I asked it for a reason  :wink:

Kyle Rodgers

You didn't exactly answer my last question, which is actually extremely important. I asked it for a reason  :wink:

Have it installed, barely used it. Only use it for Shade. Havent used it in months

spacer.png

Have it installed, barely used it. Only use it for Shade. Havent used it in months

Removing it should fix your issues with the Ops Center. With the NGX, you can actually change a setting to have it ignore the NGX, but that doesn't exist for the 777 and OC.

Kyle Rodgers

Removing it should fix your issues with the Ops Center. With the NGX, you can actually change a setting to have it ignore the NGX, but that doesn't exist for the 777 and OC.

Uninstalled, still the same issue.

spacer.png