Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ozark Dogfighter

Get rid of Power Station light?

Guest wildfire563

It seems autogen is placing power stations every 100 yards or so. And each one has this really bright flashing red light on top. It ruins my suspension of disbelief as far as the scenery goes as everywhere you look you see these flashing red lights which you know are these power stations. I don't see anything like this when I fly for real. I'm using FSGenesis Landclass .09 and UTUSA and scenery sliders to the max. I have AD Roads streams and Utilities, but I have the utilities (and roads and streams etc of course) turned off at the moment for framerate reasons.Is there any way to get rid of the light from the power station? If not, is it possible to remove the power station as an autogen building, or reduce its frequency of positioning in the scenery?Thanks,Thomas

Guest wildfire563

Here's a shot, just outside of KASH in Nashua, NH, south of Manchester, NH. I couldn't get a shot of all of them at once, but there are 7 power stations with flashing lights inside that small area outlined in red. There are two more just behind the plane, and more to either side. This frequency of power stations seems to be fairly constant. The lights are way too bright and noticeable. Even if there would be that many power stations in that small an area, I've never noticed them as much as I do in FS. As noted, I do have AD Roads, Streams and Utilities as well, but it is all turned off.I suppose I don't mind there being this many power stations, what is most annoying are the lights. I'd like to modify the model and take out the red flashing light.Thomashttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/128399.jpg

Hello Thomas,Are you sure that those are power stations? I cannot discern any in your image.This is a default power station:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/128404.jpgAnd another:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/128406.jpgNeither one is a navigation hazard, and so should not have flashing beacons.Perhaps you could post another image close-up of just the object, without the airplane or the rest of the scenery.Autogen objects are randomly placed, and it may happen on occasion that they appear in excessive amounts. Each individual object can be excluded, or all instances of the object can be removed from a master list, in which case that object will no longer appear at all.Best regards.Luis

Guest wildfire563

It's definately the Power stations. I'll have to check out my halo file. I am using AEU7 Halo I think. Plus, I'll have to look at AD Utils, there may be a setting there. I'll also have to check out my fs9.cfg file. I have set the following. I'm wondering if there is another setting for the ground lights. That is a huge halo on this power station.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/128423.jpgThe following is a pic of my VASI lights, based on the following settings in my fs9.cfg.[DISPLAY]UPPER_FRAMERATE_LIMIT=16TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=200RUNWAY_LIGHTS_SURFACE_SCALAR=.5 RUNWAY_LIGHTS_VASI_SCALAR=.5 RUNWAY_LIGHTS_APPROACH_SCALAR=.45 RUNWAY_LIGHTS_STROBE_SCALAR=.5 http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/128424.jpg

Guest wildfire563

Ooh,Could this be a RWY12 object run amok? Perhaps there is a power station in the RWY12 libs that is replacing the autogen power station. I'll have to look.Edit:Nope, turned off RWY12 lib and the lighted power stations are still there.

Guest wildfire563

So, am I the only one with lights on his power stations?

Guest Ozark Dogfighter

Well, mine have no lights. Sorry I can't discern why yours do.-JeremyThe Ozark DogfighterHappy Flying!

Guest wildfire563

Even if I turn off all scenery in the scenery configuration window, the power stations still have lights on them. Does anyone know which file has the autogen power station models in it? Are the lights described in the model?Thanks,

Guest RonB49

"Even if I turn off all scenery in the scenery configuration window, the power stations still have lights on them."Have you tried reducing the autogen density? R-

I too have power stations with lights but not every 100 yards or so like you do. In fact I had to really look to see if I had them.Also, I *think* the file that contains the autogen hydro stations (as well as fast food buildings) is in "C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9Autogen" the file is called "default.xlm", re name it to "default.xlm.bak" and it will get rid of the hydro stations (as well as the fast food buildings).XP Home SP2Asus P4P800-SE Intel 3.0GHZDDR 400 D/C 4x512MBLeadtek 6800GT 256MB (77.72)SB AudigyCH Products Yoke/Pedals USBSee you in the fence...CYYZ

Guest wildfire563

I'm not interested in turning down autogen intensity. The problem is the intensity of the lights, not the frequency of appearance of the object.I have tried a couple of different halo files, they all have the same intensity it appears. As noted above, I did add some lines to reduce the intensity of the runway lights. That worked well.Does anyone know how to control the intensity of ground autogen object lights?BTW, I am using a Dell D800 laptop with nVidia 64 MB 4200 Go graphics with antialias and anisotropic filter hardware controlled and turned off.Thanks,Thomas

Guest wildfire563

Thank you, thank you.I found a file called fx_obslight.fx and fx_obslight2.fx. Both have been replaced by newer files. In the original obslight, the Particle.0 scale was 3.2. It is now 19.6. A bit of a change there, eh. A similar change was made to the obslight2 file.I changed them back and wa-la, much less intensity in obstruction lighting.I don't know where these files came from. But the problem is now officially fixed for me.Thanks again,Thomas