Sign in to follow this  
Mike62

Subforum for completed and working panel modifications

I was wondering if it would be possible to have a sub-forum for completed panel retrofits created by users.   This would be nice so that the end user could quickly look to see if their aircraft has been retrofitted with either the G1000 or GNS units.  I am an experienced user but editing the panel with trial and error for placement is beyond my experience level.  This forum would be just for panel retrofits and not for usage or technical or troubleshooting questions.

Mike

Has anyone posted a useable panel in here at all yet? I suppose of there were some available we might consider doing something with them. However, right now I don't think they exist.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Hello,

Just because you have not seen one yet does not mean they do not exist :smile: I think there is number of religions in the world that build on this premise.

I think Mike has a good idea. Also on your web page you seem to encourage people to retrofit panels.

However, I wonder how would this go along with the copyright issues? To be hones I think the retrofits would be largely copy - paste & tweak of the panels created by other developers without their permission.

Regards,

Milan

I think personally its a great idea, despite negative comments from the professional nay sayers.

I have aircraft that would be so much better and easier to use if someone applied a little common sense to what pop ups are configured and guages that are used. Ernie Alston made nav systems that can be implemented into various aircraft with his ISG company. I dont know why he stopped but with the quality of some high end developers aircraft's nav systems he could have had a good thing going....

aero

mustang_banner_newstar2777.png

There is no copyright protection on a configuration file... though I've seen such claims before. The format of the file was created by Microsoft and they own the copyright to that (the format). The contents is probably no more copy protected than a receipt from a store.

Aero, this is a support forum for Mindstar products only... has nothing to do with anyone else's avionics at all.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

The only reason I suggested it is to have something similar to what F1 does with the GTN units.  I know there are probably people with more experience out there that might have successfully retrofitted their panels with the Mindstar units. I am mostly talking about the GNS GPS units but also applies to the G1000.  I wanted a place for them to share their work with us who are not experienced.   If no one has done retrofits, no big deal.  I would think there would be more retrofitted panels completed because the Mindstar GNS units are the only realistic ones on the market that work in P3D and FSX:SE.

Mike