Sign in to follow this  
JLSeagull

EZdok: New version.

Jeroen et.al., - with all due respect Gentlemen (and semantics aside) - does it really matter whether or not it is a new 'version', 'build', 'release', 'escapee'  ..... or whatever else anyone else wants to call it? 

Why not pm Marniftarr and ask him what it should be defined as?

The Bottom Line for me is, quite simply, that EZdok is now no longer a problematic sequence of original version installs + updates + paste and copies of variable.ini's (as witnessed by Poppets' extensive Tutorials) and is now, finally, the 'one download - one Install' program that it has always deserved to be.

EZdok just got EZ!

Regards,

You left out the requirement to have a rabbits foot hanging from your monitor when installing it.  :wink:

• Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

You left out the requirement to have a rabbits foot hanging from your monitor when installing it.  :wink:

Bob - It was more like hanging from a high roof on a short rope after the reception that THAT little announcement generated! :Tounge:

When LM announce that another one has 'escaped' then I will blithely look the other way and keep my mouth firmly SHUT!  =@

Hey Ho!!

• Upvote 1

Yes very good, Just re downloaded it again and Installed the Updated Installer.   Its a 1 click Install, 3 click screens to go through and that's it, Your done. 

This is new. 

24574843123_5c7f8709ce_o.png

Still the same here, but Installs like a charm 

25201616605_ff1b8f82e1_o.png

Yes very good, Just re downloaded it again and Installed the Updated Installer.   Its a 1 click Install, 3 click screens to go through and that's it, Your done. 

This is new. 

Well don Elaine - thank you finally lol

• Upvote 1

Rich Sennett

The Bottom Line for me is, quite simply, that EZdok is now no longer a problematic sequence of original version installs + updates + paste and copies of variable.ini's (as witnessed by Poppets' extensive Tutorials) and is now, finally, the 'one download - one Install' program that it has always deserved to be.

I have to admit i love problematic sequence of original version installs + updates + paste and copies of variable.ini's ect ect.   This update makes it way to easy, nobody will like me anymore   :mad:    :smile:

Oh Gaaawd i love a good Tutorial that involves crazy amounts of this  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

For my own personal replays I have always used NVidia ShadowPlay

ShadowPlay is just a "video" recording independent ... FSRecorder will record flight data and replay the flight ... similar to the built in "instant replay" that P3D offers.  IMHO, EzDok isn't that useful "to me" unless I have the ability to "replay" (FSRecorder/Instant Replay) my flight ... some of the camera locations/angles I wanna use don't lend well to "real time flying" :)

Just seems to me that EzDok would be the "natural" fit for a working FSRecorder -- which is just logging massive amounts of simconnect data which is then played back in what appears to be a type of slew mode (but don't quote me, just my observation).  

Its a 1 click Install, 3 click screens to go through and that's it, Your done. 

Many thanks lady Poppet, just what I needed to know.

Cheers, Rob.

ShadowPlay is just a "video" recording independent ... FSRecorder will record flight data and replay the flight ... similar to the built in "instant replay" that P3D offers.  IMHO, EzDok isn't that useful "to me" unless I have the ability to "replay" (FSRecorder/Instant Replay) my flight ... some of the camera locations/angles I wanna use don't lend well to "real time flying" :)

Just seems to me that EzDok would be the "natural" fit for a working FSRecorder -- which is just logging massive amounts of simconnect data which is then played back in what appears to be a type of slew mode (but don't quote me, just my observation).  

Cheers, Rob.

Cheers, Rob.

Rob - I am not on YouTube and if you have a problem with NViidia then please take it up with them. I SHOULD have entitled this post 'DON'T shoot David Corbett!'  Alas and alack!!

Nice news!!! Thanks

José Luís

| Flightsimulator: MSFS | Add-Ons: | PMDG Douglas DC-6 | PMDG 737-700 | Fenix A320 | Maddog X MD82| FSW CESSNA 414AW CHANCELLOR |

I SHOULD have entitled this post 'DON'T shoot David Corbett!'  Alas and alack!!

No shots being fired at all David ... just comments ... nothing "negative" and certainly no emotion behind it ... all good.

Cheers, Rob.

Bob - It was more like hanging from a high roof on a short rope after the reception that THAT little announcement generated! :Tounge:

Perhaps the problem was with political correctness? Vegans can try spitting hot rum, but with the latest installer, they can drink the beverage (if they are of age). However, carnivores should not eat the rabbits foot since it is quite usual that they are made from plastic and synthetic fibres these days.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Great news. Wish I had access to this a week ago after my fresh Windows10 and P3dv3 install. Would have saved me a half hour of reading, double-checking, and making sure I was doing the 1.5/1.7/1.8 sequence properly.

Well at least I can clean up my addon installer archive by removing the old installers and replacing them with this.

Thanks!

When LM announce that another one has 'escaped' then I will blithely look the other way and keep my mouth firmly SHUT!

Please keep posting links to new versions, updates etc.

The silent majority would just use the link provided without finding it necessary to post comments complaining about a title that appears fine to me.

Thanks david

Mick

I'm in the process of uninstalling and reinstalling everything (after rex 4 messed all my textures up) and i have to say @poppet it's a way simpler with this new installer, just straight forward. It is usless now but your tutorial was very usefull the first time i installed ezdok and i just can thank you for it.

Kenz