Sign in to follow this  
raymar

We can always use another Navy VIP transport . . . .

The Navy purchased 20 early model Aztecs in 1960. The Aztec evolved from that initial model to the F model (1974) that Alabeo produced. The number of seats - 6 - never changed nor did the engine horsepower - 250 hp. The most notable change was the elongated nose and the streamlined engine nacelles. How Navy correct that is can be debated, but I would lean toward "it is correct enough to represent the small Navy VIP Transport in flight simulation." All Aztecs are from the same nest, only the paint is different.

Regards,

Ray

Great! So this begs for some talented paint pro to repaint a Navy Aztec for the Memorial Flight!

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Great! So this begs for some talented paint pro to repaint a Navy Aztec for the Memorial Flight!

That may not be possible.

1. I do not know a single talented paint pro that will paint anything from Carenado or Alabeo.

2. I have no idea what would be involved.

3. I am a fairly good reviewer, but a real lousy painter.

Regards,

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Ray, Ray, Ray, ..... Ray! 

Relax. There are talented repainters around. Relax!  It will be OK!

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Looks spot-on to me Ray

That's a very useful livery as TNT ran air charters all over the place

Thanks for your great work, much appreciated.

Ray, Ray, Ray, ..... Ray! 

Relax. There are talented repainters around. Relax!  It will be OK!

I know there are talented repainters around, but why don't they paint Alabeo and Carenado models? I am relaxed, just at a high level. :wink:

Regards,

Ray

Looks spot-on to me Ray

That's a very useful livery as TNT ran air charters all over the place

Thanks for your great work, much appreciated.

If you download the Navy repaint along with the TNTAIR repaint you can take the Navy black and gray panel and move it over to the TNTAIR. This makes a much more pleasing interior for those early morning charters when you are trying to woof down a bagel and having to look at that yuckie gold trim. :fool:

Regards,

Ray

I added 3 new colored panel files to the Avsim Library for you to download. - Black, gray and Ivory. All nicer than the blue and gold colors. Search Alabeo Aztec to find them.

Pick your color and copy that file into the texture folder of the airplane repaint that you want to change the panel color.

The panel color file is named CAPAE_INT2.dds

Example: You choose the black panel to go with your dark blue plane. Delete the text letters 'black' from the new file name that you just got in the zip file.

Now copy the file CAPAE_INT2.dds to the airplane folder and REPLACE the existing CAPAE_INT2.dds file. Now you have a black panel.

Same for the gray or Ivory panel. Just rename the file name and copy and replace the ..INT2.dds in the texture folder.

Regards,

Ray

Good idea for the panels, thanks

35C here today (Sydney) so I took YH-COO from Sydney to Merimbula YMBA then inland to Cooma (Snowy mountains) YCOM

a typical charter run and a route I travelled many times as a child in F27's.

Looked right and felt right

cheers

Good idea for the panels, thanks

35C here today (Sydney) so I took YH-COO from Sydney to Merimbula YMBA then inland to Cooma (Snowy mountains) YCOM

a typical charter run and a route I travelled many times as a child in F27's.

Looked right and felt right

cheers

Excellent. Screenshots?

Regards,

Ray