Sign in to follow this  
Dave_YVR

Westjet's first AI heavy arrival to CYVR.

that looks insanely good. Do you actually run the sim with those settings and what kinda of FPS are you getting Sir. 

Hey thanks! Yeah you bet, it can get kind of tight FPS and VAS wise at heavier addon airports and more so when there are lots of cloud layers etc. For the most part with either the PMDG NGX or AS Airbus I'll stay in the mid-high teens to mid 20's at YVR. If I find it gets too hard on FPS which only happens at say JFK, ORD, LHR etc, I lower the % until it's good to go. Generally I tend to avoid those extremely busy airports unless it's to go AI spotting.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Dont think your custom setup is what takes down your FPS per say but rather the number of AI models around you. Ive had 3rd party addons including previous My Traffic setups and they all took down FPS if I had the % too high. Going custom setup does the same, but hey they look a whole lot better and the VAS difference is marginal.

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

Dont think your custom setup is what takes down your FPS per say but rather the number of AI models around you. Ive had 3rd party addons including previous My Traffic setups and they all took down FPS if I had the % too high. Going custom setup does the same, but hey they look a whole lot better and the VAS difference is marginal.

Good point Dave. I bought MT6 to test and compare and around the YVR area given the exact same traffic % and time of day etc MT6 has approx 110-140 less AI in the bubble. That being said, MT6 also had 4 China Airlines A340's, 4 Cathay 77W's and 2 Qantas B744's at YVR at the same time which doesn't happen in real life at all. The custom AI uses accurate fleet numbers, types and city pairings.

• Upvote 1

Right now I have AA set to 4x in P3D and I use NI to enhance the app setting to 4xS as well as 4x SGAA.

• Upvote 1