Sign in to follow this  
Nick Dobda

Losing Clickspots

It don't think it's a problem with EZDOK, I'm using it for years.

I tested it without Ezdok some weeks ago and had the same problems.

PMDG said loading any saved flight in P3D 3.0 and 3.1 there is some type of miscommunication between both programs, PMDG aircraft and P3D. They said P3D is aware are working on some type of fix that will come out in version 3.2 whenever that is. For the time being there is nothing that can be done according to what they told me. 

Just to chip in again.  Its not an EZDOK thing as I don't have that, and still have the issue. 

It never happened with FSX SP2 and Win 7.  (Ive owned NGX since it was launched)

It started happening about 2 months after buying a new PC with Win 10 and then purchasing Steam Edition. Running a completely fresh install of everything.   For the first two months it was flawless, its only started happening in the last month or so.  It only happens with the NGX to my knowledge I have not seen it happen with the PMDG 777.

Andy

Andy Mahaffey

lntel  i7 6700k Skylake​ (watercooled)

​8GB RAM

NVIDIA GTX 960 Graphics

​Win 10, FSX -SE (with CH Pedals and Saitek Proflight Yoke)

It started happening about 2 months after buying a new PC with Win 10 and then purchasing Steam Edition. Running a completely fresh install of everything. 

Did you run the required SimConnect installers?

Kyle Rodgers

Hi Kyle.

Absolutely.  All Sim Connect installers were run in line with the release notes that go with the NGX download.

I can run them again if people think it will help. 

I forgot to mention I have created my own Start up panel state for the NGX rather than using the default engines running state.  Not sure if that's relevant either.

Andy

Andy Mahaffey

​8GB RAM

NVIDIA GTX 960 Graphics

Happened to me once.  Naturally once the flight was all set up and read to taxi.  Clicking out to spot view and cycling views brought it back but only long enough to click something once.

No reload or non-default panel states/loads either.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

You guys having the problems, are you loading previous flights or starting fresh? Are you loading the panel state from your previous flight, or loading a panel state from some base panel state? If the problem is what I suspect, then loading a panel state from a base state should fix the problem.

For example, if you save your flight (and panel state) at the end of a flight and pick it up the next day when you left off, over the course of 7 flights you would have modified the panel state 7 times, with 7 opportunities for data to become corrupt. At some point the panel will fail, and if you continue to build off that panel state all states after will also fail.

P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 - P7.. and so on. If P5 becomes corrupt, P5 and P7 will also be corrupt.

Instead Start at P1, your "turnaround panel". Then restart all flights from that panel state. You can pick up where you left off, just go into the FMC and re-load that original "turnaround panel".

P1 - P1 - P1 - P1 - P1 - P1 - P1

I'll probably just load fresh at every airport with whatever the default panel state is, which i believe is the short turnaround state, which I think is most common anyway, although I might try making a few tweaks and saving that state and using that as my "turnaround panel".

Of course, I'm not sure the exact nature of whats going on, or that what I'm guessing that's going on is going on if that makes sense. If you happen to be getting ready to push back and see the problem arise, I'm not sure if going into the FMC and reloading up the default long, short, ready for takeoff state (or some other state that was created on the first flight of these default panel states) will get things going again. 

For my specific instance, however, I've found that loading up fresh with the default "short" panel state eliminated the problem.

Your method doesn't work if you want to pickup a flight at T/D, or practice an intricate precision approach over and over. Since my time is limited I like the ability to be able to resume a flight in progress. I have not been able to do this period.  

This issue is in P3D as well. Anyone else experience it?

I think I've got this in P3Dv3.1

The autobrake, recall, master caution, fire warning buttons + more have no click spot. Other things like the gear lever works.

Maybe this will trigger something with the devs.

I think (hope) that PMDG are working with Lockheed Martin to resolve this problem.

Regardless of correctly installing the legacy Simconnects, and loading up the PMDG 737 first, the VC clickspots issue occurs (for me at least) on a totally random / intermittent basis on P3D v3.1 and Windows 10. I can start P3D, load a saved scenario and get the problem, re-start P3D, re-load the exact same scenario and everything works!

Doesn't seem to happen with the 777 as far as I recall.

I've learned to live with it, hoping that PMDG / LM resolve it in the next release(s), I've no hair left to tear out!

Edit - I also have never used EZDOC

Your method doesn't work if you want to pickup a flight at T/D, or practice an intricate precision approach over and over. Since my time is limited I like the ability to be able to resume a flight in progress. I have not been able to do this period.  

When you originally setup your precision approach, how did you start up that original flight? If you started up that particular flight with a fresh (default) panel state, then I would think you shouldn't be having that problem. If you are, then something else is going on. 

If you setup your flight with an already corrupt panel, then of course it'll carry over everytime you load. 

From my point of view I start a new flight every single time.  The only constant is the panel state of the NGX which is a slightly tweaked version of the default short turnaround state.  Other than that everything is fresh on each flight.  #

Ironically,  for me,  if it starts happening I save the flight at that point, exit fsx completely then restart the program and load that flight directly and so far that has worked for me each time and allowed me to complete that flight. It doesn't help me pin point anything and it doesn't directly point the finger at anything.  For me as well it is completely random.

Best Regards

Andy.

Andy Mahaffey

​8GB RAM

NVIDIA GTX 960 Graphics

When you originally setup your precision approach, how did you start up that original flight? If you started up that particular flight with a fresh (default) panel state, then I would think you shouldn't be having that problem. If you are, then something else is going on. 

If you setup your flight with an already corrupt panel, then of course it'll carry over everytime you load. 

Start up with a fresh default panel state. P3D starts, I have the box checked, Show AI at startup" F18 is in the preview with whatever air base. Then select Pmdg 737-800 select airport and set everything up. Save the flight in P3D at whatever point I wish, from the scenario drop down menu then save flight, if I ever load it again nothing clicks or in the case of the 777 black displays, gear up if even on the ground etc. Just sound plays... PMDG are aware and all that can be done is wait for LM to update sadly...

I guess if nothing else this thread might just offer some suggestions to try with no definitive answer as to what is going on or how to fix it.