Sign in to follow this  
Nick Dobda

Losing Clickspots

This is nothing definitive as it is a random thing, but I just did a little short hop and on loading the aircraft, I immediately set the panel state back to the NGX default Short state.  No issues at all.   I'll do this each time over the next few flights and see how I get on.  Maybe after all this is something to do with a panel state getting corrupted somehow. 

Interesting to see if those with P3D have the same result.  (Mine is using FSX -SE)

Andy.

Andy Mahaffey

lntel  i7 6700k Skylake​ (watercooled)

​8GB RAM

NVIDIA GTX 960 Graphics

​Win 10, FSX -SE (with CH Pedals and Saitek Proflight Yoke)

This is nothing definitive as it is a random thing, but I just did a little short hop and on loading the aircraft, I immediately set the panel state back to the NGX default Short state.  No issues at all.   I'll do this each time over the next few flights and see how I get on.  Maybe after all this is something to do with a panel state getting corrupted somehow. 

Interesting to see if those with P3D have the same result.  (Mine is using FSX -SE)

Andy.

Me too. FSX SE. The default short state reset worked for me.

Andy.

So as a follow up to my above post.  Sadly my theory did not work.   I've had the least issues with the default Short state panel, however I did a short flight earlier and even that had problems.  I tried a Cold and Dark state earlier as well.  (Clean start ofFSX) and this had clickspot issues as well.  Currently stuck for options at the moment.

Andy 

Andy Mahaffey

​8GB RAM

NVIDIA GTX 960 Graphics

Currently stuck for options at the moment.

I'm assuming you're aware of the POV behind the captain's seat issue?

Yes Ive heard rumours,  I don't know the exact issue details but I don't normally and certainly haven't recently been changing the zoom.  Normally it sits about between 70 + 80 %, But resetting to default doesn't make any difference to whats going on.

Andy Mahaffey

​8GB RAM

NVIDIA GTX 960 Graphics

Some months ago there was an update to the FSX:SE 

http://dovetailgames.kayako.com/news/newsitem/View/2/latest-fsx-steam-edition-patch---now-live

Perhaps this fix caused the problems in the ngx:

• Improved mouse cursor slow-down over complex cockpits.
    • Although we have made some optimizations to this code, players may still experience some reduction in framerates when using highly complex cockpit models. This is because such models are pushing the boundaries of what is possible within the game engine

Some months ago there was an update to the FSX:SE 

http://dovetailgames.kayako.com/news/newsitem/View/2/latest-fsx-steam-edition-patch---now-live

Perhaps this fix caused the problems in the ngx:

• Improved mouse cursor slow-down over complex cockpits.
    • Although we have made some optimizations to this code, players may still experience some reduction in framerates when using highly complex cockpit models. This is because such models are pushing the boundaries of what is possible within the game engine

For me, the clickspot problem can develop at any stage of flight - sometimes before takeoff, today it happened during the descent (annoyingly, just after a cheery VATSIM controller came on line and started barking orders at me). Starting with the default panel state or loading the short turnaround state doesn't seem to make a difference.

I think until somebody on the PMDG developer or beta test team can reproduce this issue we won't get anywhere.

In my line of work, we would look at all the variables and see which ones are always present when the problem occurs. By that logic, you can rule out the simulator platform being the root cause if the problem is happening on both P3D and FSX:SE.

Other "variables" for me: -

• 737NGX Base pack only, and have so far only flown the 738 variant
  • FSX:SE
  • Windows 10
  • EZDOK
  • FSUIPC
  • ASN
  • SPAD drivers (Saitek radio panel)
  • VPilot
  • Running similator in full screen mode (not borderless window)
  • Navigraph AIRAC data (problem seen on 1601 and 1602).

Maybe if other NGX users with the problem can confirm what they're running, one common factor might emerge?

More importantly, factors can be ruled out very quickly if others have the same problem on a different setup.

Alistair Brown

0.png

My variables:

• 737NGX Base pack only, and have so far only flown the 738 variant
  • FSX:SE
  • Windows 10
  • EZDOK
  • FSUIPC
  • ASN

I'll have a go at what Mark suggested above. 

Meanwhile the variables I have are:

FSX -SE -(Running Full Screen Mode) (Resolution Full HD 1920 x 1080)

PMDG 737NGX (Base package and 600/700 expansion) Generally only use the -800

PMDG 777 (Unaffected)

Windows 10 (Home) (64 Bit)

FSUIPC (Non registered)

Saitek Pro Flight Yoke (Current product drivers installed for Win 10)

CH Pedals. (Current drivers installed)

Current NVIDIA GTX Drivers installed

NVIDIA Inspector configured (Highly improbable this is causing it but anyway its in the list)

Andy

Andy Mahaffey

​8GB RAM

NVIDIA GTX 960 Graphics

• 737NGX Base pack / Southwest Livery
  • Windows 10
  • EZDOK
  • FSUIPC
  • ASN

​Problem hasn't come back since I started starting with a base panel state.

Steam overlay deactived into FSX:SE some months ago, I think this is not the problem. I'm also using base panel state cold & dark.

There is some "problem" with the cockpit design, I guess. There is an invisible bit blocking the mouse access?. If I loose the clicks, but move a bit forward with EZDOK, mouse clicks work again.