Sign in to follow this  
Nick Dobda

Losing Clickspots

I'm on Windows 7

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

I'm on windows 10 so it might not be OS related but I'm not so sure if it's not cpu load related. Not sure though and guess we won't find out until PMDG finds out ;)

I have same issues and it started like few months ago. I thought Ezca was to blame. I opened a topic in Ezdoc forum and I got some suggestions. To me it is worth to try. It did not solve the problem completely however it does not happen as often as before. At least I can fly now. 

Here is post if interesting. 

http://www.simforums.com/forums/topic55803.html

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

At the risk of jinxing it....

So, I've had this problem for a while and it drove me mad. It was never an issue on older versions of the NGX or when I used FSX Boxed. But once I started using SE and Windows 10, it seemed fairly regular. I actually stopped using the NGX for the most part.

But, it's a great plane and it drives me crazy to have an aircraft that I shelled out as much money as I did for it and not be able to use it, so I've been trying to see if I can solve the problem, and I think maybe I did....

First off, I did two things at once so I can't say for sure what it is that potentially solved this issue for me.

The first thing I did was disable selective suspend like the above link says. I do not think that is what fixed it, but maybe it is. I turned it off simply because I forgot to disable it on this Windows install and I normally do not like to have it on.

The second thing I did was switch to low res vc textures, vc model, and vc displays as I was experimenting with alternate inspector settings. Perhaps somebody from PMDG can say if there is any technical difference in the low res vc model, but after I switched to low res the problem went away. I've flown all week long doing 3-4 flights in a row without issue. Previously that was impossible as the problem would have developed before the end of the second flight.

Something that I realized while flying yesterday was that the problem seemed more likely to happen when I was arriving or departing a payware scenery. For example, Flightbeam KSFO, which is a pretty heavy scenery, would be a regular area that I'd see the click spots go away. If I was flying at another airport that I was only using an afcad and had no add-on scenery anywhere close I wouldn't lose them. In fact, I can't even remember the last time I lost the click spots without arriving or departing a payware scenery (or being in the vicinity - like KOAK).

So, I guess the next thing to do is to have others test it and see if this indeed solves the issue. Use the link above this post to disable selective suspend. Then, open the PMDG operations manager, select the NGX, and then select performance settings. Set all the check boxes to low res and fly for a while. Like I said, I am a week in now with 10 flights, many back to back turn and burn legs, and I've flown to my big sceneries like SFO and LAX, and I haven't had a single issue yet. Fair warning, turn textures and all of that to low res will be noticeable, the textures and vc model aren't really that bad, but the displays are obviously lower quality.

I've noticed a pattern. I wonder if others have noticed this. I typically fly the B737 variant (WN). Tonight I wanted to replicate an AA flight in the B738. I lost my click spots on two different reloads on the sim. I finally abandoned the B738 and went back to the B737 and all was fine.

It appears the click spots are always lost on the -800 variant. For me anyhow.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

It appears the click spots are always lost on the -800 variant. For me anyhow.

Interesting observation. 800 is my favorite variant but may be 700 (possibly 900) is the way to go for now till the cure is found.

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

Interesting observation. 800 is my favorite variant but may be 700 (possibly 900) is the way to go for now till the cure is found.

It's just something I'm noticing.   Haven't tried flying the -900 in a long time, but perhaps it does it as well.  Might be something with the base pack that isn't carried over to the -600/700.  IDK.

- Chris

Guest citizengodden

Hi All,

So I have the same issue. I thought I'd do a quick Google to see if anything turns up and wow - there are a lot of people with this problem.

A few notes about my situation - the information might be useful to somebody.

It was working fine on Windows 7. I upgraded to Windows 10 before the time limit ran out for the upgrade (July?) but I hadn't flown the 737-800WL since June of this year. Not sure if any updates were released after this which introduced the problem. I haven't reinstalled the NGX since I installed it on Windows 7.

The last 5 flights I've flown, 4 of them have had this click-spot issue - What's going on? I've never had this problem in all the time I've flown this aircraft until during the last 5 flights! It's crazy that the aircraft can go from being my favourite to something I'm seriously thinking of avoiding like the plague! I mean, I had to land the aircraft a few minutes ago using the 2D panels. It was 10 years ago I last flew with the 2D panels. Scary!

I fly for a VA that requires you park the aircraft and turn off the engines - which is difficult when there isn't a fuel cutoff on the 2D panels. Thankfully switching between views a few times I could get some single clicks off to finish my flight.

I've turned off the Steam Overlay in an attempt to help (it used to be a problem when SE was first released, from memory). I'll let you know if it makes any difference (I'm guessing it won't).

The only things running are FSX:SE, ASN & XPax. No payware other than the PMDG 737 & 777.

So frustrating! Every flight you're waiting and expecting it to happen so it's constantly in the back of your mind. Surely somebody at PMDG can track this one down? Have any of your heard back from PMDG that they're looking into it or making any progress on the bug? Do you think it's worth opening a ticket with them, or would that just add "another one to the pile" for the same problem?

It's a real shame because I really used to enjoy this product.

So frustrating! Every flight you're waiting and expecting it to happen so it's constantly in the back of your mind. Surely somebody at PMDG can track this one down? Have any of your heard back from PMDG that they're looking into it or making any progress on the bug? Do you think it's worth opening a ticket with them, or would that just add "another one to the pile" for the same problem?

Bug? Quite the assertion there.

Have you installed the simconnect modules? Have you verified that a moving eyepoint isn't the cause?

For what it's worth, a little credit goes a long way. I don't recall us ever wronging you in some way, so the comment at the end there is a bit uncalled for.

Kyle Rodgers

Have you installed the simconnect modules? Have you verified that a moving eyepoint isn't the cause?

For what it's worth, a little credit goes a long way. I don't recall us ever wronging you in some way, so the comment at the end there is a bit uncalled for.

While not directed at me, I can attest that the issue is only apparent in the NGX for me. It does not happen with my other add ons. I wish I had some idea of the cause. I do have all simconnect modules installed. The only shifting viewpoint is associated with EZCA in my case but it doesn't happen with other add ons. Plus I think others are reporting it without ECZA. I'm on Windows 7.

I'm willing to list all add on products. It's a short list. The issue does seem to be with the NGX only. Why? I don't know. I've had the original NG, 747, MD11 and this is a first. I don't think PMDG should take offense to it. It's frustrating because the NGX is truly a masterpiece. I spend most of my time in the NGX, despite owning some other equally good products.

I've been a diehard PMDG user forever and don't plan on going away. I just want a fix. I restarted the sim three times the other night and it happened every time. For some reason the 700 variant didn't do it.

- Chris

Guest citizengodden

Hi Kyle,

Thanks for getting back to me.

Don't get me wrong, I really love the product and enjoy flying with the detailed systems provided. You can understand my frustration though, right? I mean, one day it works, then all of a sudden it doesn't, and I'm not alone.

The other planes I fly are fine, it's just the 737NGX. I'm not specifically pointing the finger at PMDG - personally I think it may be due to the update to FSX:SE from Dovetail, as mentioned by another member of the thread, but I don't know. Maybe the update is conflicting with something in the 737NGX. I don't have the power to check the source code, so I can't tell you why it's not working properly.

As regards the Simconnect / eyepoint - One of the first things I checked - I remember from the past about the view being inside the chair and it affecting the clickpoints (which makes sense). I can confirm that I have all 4 versions of Simconnect installed and the viewpoint is not inside the chair. The "issue" is the same as other people's on this thread - the click points gradually disappearing to the point where they don't work. Then having to swap to outside views to back in the cockpit to get a single click away.

And regards to your last comment. I have no idea what you're on about. Credit where credit's due? Wronging people? It's all over my head to be honest. This isn't a personal attack and I'm not going to go down that road. If you mean what I said about creating a ticket? Well if you're already looking at it, what's the point in me adding another? Maybe you read something into my post that I didn't intend. Either way, I just want to know what's wrong with the NGX and when I can get back to flying this amazing aircraft.

Thanks,

I just came across this older thread, and I have the same problems.

It is not EZDOK related, since I do not use it. Nor is it Windows 10, since I have Windows 8.1. And it is not about the NVIDIA drivers, since I have an AMD card.

I get it sometimes only, but then I cannot recover. Tried full screen and back, cycle views, mouse yoke on and off, position seat and all I could think of. It could be the loading of a panel state, but since it does not happen all the time, I opt for a bug in the code that creates conflicts with other parts of FSX that consume mouse clicks and mouse wheel actions.

My config is mainly: FSUIPC for the sticks and their buttons, ASN for the weather, OpenFSI for the camera and DHM. This is FSX Steam edition.

Rene

the loading of a panel state

How do you load the game, are you loading a previous flight, or starting anew each time?

Since I've started loading a fresh start (select airport from main menu with default Cessna, then load the NGX after the Cessna and surrounding graphics are fully loaded) I have not had this problem re-occur once since I started this tangent of this subject a year ago. Loading the NGX fresh loads the original panel state (in my case the short state) as it came from the original download.

This is a guess but I really think (in my case anyway) theres was some corruption accumulating in the panel each time I saved and loaded a previous flight. Over time the corruption loses the clickspots and the only way to get them back is was re-load the original from the original download. 

I just got the PMDG 737 and sometimes lose the clickspots. I haven't read every post in every thread about this...

Has anyone ever considered that the problem may be related to the landing lights under high CPU load?

Another well-known add-on developer had this problem and resolved it by emailing affected users a custom .mdl file that restricted the landing lights in certain views - and it fixed the problem 100%.

Also, all of my A2A addons have the option to switch between default and custom landing lights as the custom lights can cause the clickspot issue.

Mike

Had this once in the NGX whilst using Opus camera and again yesterday on a flight from KSFO to EGLL on the 747-400 v3 with Chaseplane for views, flight was three quarters through when the fuel buttons stopped working. I cured it by moving the camera viewpoint/zoom closer.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!