Sign in to follow this  
Nick Dobda

Losing Clickspots

So I'll try your approach of loading the scenery and then the plane.

There may be an other issue going on, people have been losing clickspots while doing my method - I think mostly in P3D. I'm just lucky enough that it works for me (I use FSX - SE).

I load the scenery and a default 737 so that I don't double-load the ngx. If I select the plane in the startup menu, the plane loads up for the preview window. It will load again when it loads at the airport. I know that caused an issue for me with parts of the plane not showing up (the turbofan blades specifically). In some instances it may also cause a clickspot issue, so its worth I try I guess. The manual drives the point home not to double load the plane, so I guess losing clickspots with a double load isn't out of the realm of possibility. 

There may be an other issue going on, people have been losing clickspots while doing my method - I think mostly in P3D. I'm just lucky enough that it works for me (I use FSX - SE).

I load the scenery and a default 737 so that I don't double-load the ngx. If I select the plane in the startup menu, the plane loads up for the preview window. It will load again when it loads at the airport. I know that caused an issue for me with parts of the plane not showing up (the turbofan blades specifically). In some instances it may also cause a clickspot issue, so its worth I try I guess. The manual drives the point home not to double load the plane, so I guess losing clickspots with a double load isn't out of the realm of possibility. 

So its been a month or too since I last posted on this subject.  I stumbled on a possible cause and cure for my installation.  I'd be interested to hear if anyone else has the same results.

I stumbled over the fact that the problem shows itself anytime  I have installed any other 3rd party software AFTER the NGX.  If I uninstall the NGX and reinstall, the problem disappears.  So far for good..  I tested this theory multiple times just installing scenery, airports, FSUIPC anything I had over and over again.  Every time the problem showed itself.  each time I reinstalled NGX - problem free. Its been happily running for nearly a month with no issues.

I have been bouncing stuff back and forth with PMDG as to my own findings.  None of it makes a lot of sense to them as to why this would happen, it doesn't to me either, however I would be interested to hear if any of you out there have the same results as me.

Regards

Andy

Andy Mahaffey

lntel  i7 6700k Skylake​ (watercooled)

​8GB RAM

NVIDIA GTX 960 Graphics

​Win 10, FSX -SE (with CH Pedals and Saitek Proflight Yoke)

I lost mouse function the other night and haven't installed anything. I was all set up to depart and the mouse just became useless. I could click a spot but it was extremely fickle and not reliable. I ended up restarting the sim and all was fine. It's happened like three times now. So idk.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

Last night starting up like normal, clickspots not working. It took 4 restarts and a reboot before it started working again.

Can anyone speculate on what is going wrong and why restarting / rebooting fixes the problem?

Lost clickspots today too. PMDG 737 NGX installed on fresh FSX Steam with couple of airports and FTX package, AS16 and ASCA. It happened after starting FSX few times during the day without rebooting computer. (weird) 

Ok silly suggestion, but are you sure your eyepoint doesn't slip behind the head rest ?

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

My eye point is not behind the seat/headrest. Last time it happened it seemed to occur when the FSX menu popped up too many times on accident. I can't say this was the reason prior. There doesn't seem to be any correlation to why, except it's only in the NGX.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

you may also try to change the view to external view and back to cockpit.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

I've done it all when it happens, short of turning off the computer. Only thing that works is to completely restart the sim.

- Chris

Make sure also that if you've paused the sim, and hidden the notifications in P3D, that the clicks will work,but the button animation will not. Try pausing/unpausing and see what happens.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Just a thought from another angle .... could it be a mouse cursor/Windows problem as opposed to the actual clickspots?

Well, all I know is that it only happens in the NGX.  Doesn't happen in the MD-11, Majestic Dash-8, or RA Duke.  I'm in FSX by the way, not P3D.  It typically happens during my pre-taxi routine.  There aren't any solid patterns to it.

I can edit in Lightroom, Photoshop, and eat a lot of computer resources and never have hardware issues.  It's just a mystery.

- Chris

Yeah, I had problems with it one night... haven't had it since. Just one of those things that comes and goes randomly. 

It is very random.  I always restart with the same programs running when I play the sim, so that remains constant on my end.  My routine is the same.  I only run EZCA and ASN.  No other programs.

- Chris

Isn't this somehow related to joystick loss issue under Windows 8 which proved to be CPU load related issue? I'm not having this problem now often but when I do its heavy load scenario. On the other hand - I always make sure to reinstall all simconnect files even after each add on is installed in case it alters any of those