Sign in to follow this  
Donstim

Win 10 and undocked panels

Thanks Steve.  I use Nvidia Inspector to set the 3D display adaptor setting for FSX.  Just did it again yesterday and verified the settings were shown in the Nvidia control panel

You did actually Restore the factory defaults Don? And then reset up your NI after that.

If not do that Restore now and the NI profile will actually be deleted, and have to be set up again. Easy way to create a new NI profile, before closing NCP, make one simple setting in NCP and Apply, the new NI profile will be created. Now go into NI.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

I have an Nvidia video card and am using the most recent drivers (361.91)

Thanks,

Don Stimson

Found this also - did windows update that driver or did you ? quote below from DTG forum

Hi Alan,

This is a common problem with multiple monitor setups. Microsoft installs its own Nvidia drivers in Windows 10. You will need to download and install the drivers directly from Nvidia rather than use the default ones that came with Windows.

Rich Sennett

Thanks for spending all the time on this Rich.  You must like troubleshooting!  I always get the drivers direct from Nvidia.

Now for the drum roll....Steve, I used the restore button in the Nvidia control panel.  Before trying to customize them again for FSX, I powered up FSX-SE and the 737NGX.  Lo and behold, I can now move undocked FSX windows over the second monitor!  It works a little differently than it did in Windows 7 in that it now has a window border around it, but it works!

I have to tell you, I really didn't think this would have any effect and was just going through the motions to report back to you!  Thank you very much!!

Now for the drum roll....Steve, I used the restore button in the Nvidia control panel

Get's them every time!

All the best.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Thanks for spending all the time on this Rich.  You must like troubleshooting!  I always get the drivers direct from Nvidia.

Awesome I told you Hes the man and again comes thru - thanks Steve well done - glad its worked out Don

Get P3D and works great as you have switchs in P3D menu to help with these issues - Thanks Jeroen for that answer

Rich Sennett

On 3/19/2018 at 3:31 PM, yadav_jeet said:

I want to setup my 2 monitors with my 1 cpu but i don't know how should i setup this. Today i visit a web page https://windowsclassroom.com/setup-dual-monitors-windows-10/ which explain briefly but i could not understand that. Can anyone please explain me that how should i connect my monitors.

Please answer

CPU or GPU big difference.

When CPU connect both to the mainboard then go to step 3

When GPU connect both to the GPU then procceed

Win 10 should manage it by itself if not:

right click on desktop -> display settings -> click identify -> drag the screens as required in the "image" above -> done.

Cheers Henrik K.

IT Student, future ATPL holder, Freight forwarder air cargo and thx to COVID no longer a Ramp Agent at EDDL/DUS+ | FS2Crew Beta tester (&Voice Actor) for the FSlabs and UGCX

Sim: Prepar3d V4.5 Rig: CPU R7-5800X | RAM: 32GB DDR4-3000 | GPU: GTX 3080 | TFT: DELL 3840x1600

ugcx_beta_team.png 3ePa8Yp.png

Maybe he means the on-chip GPU of his CPU like the Intel i7 has.

First, the in-built GPU is VERY weak and should not be used for P3D, and dedicated decent graphics card is needed to have good frames.

Second, if you want using multiple monitors with your on-chip GPU you may have to activate mulit-monitor support in your BIOS. I'm using the on-chip CPU to drive two side-monitors with undocked windows and had to activate the multi-monitor support.

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

On 3/21/2018 at 1:20 AM, 30K said:

CPU or GPU big difference.

When CPU connect both to the mainboard then go to step 3

When GPU connect both to the GPU then procceed

Win 10 should manage it by itself if not:

right click on desktop -> display settings -> click identify -> drag the screens as required in the "image" above -> done.

Hello Sir, I have done setup my dual monitor but i have a question. Is there any shortcut keys to switch monitors or disable one monitor? 

18 hours ago, JohnKarter said:

Hello Sir, I have done setup my dual monitor but i have a question. Is there any shortcut keys to switch monitors or disable one monitor? 

Hello,

What do you mean by switching? 

Maybe you look for win+p?

Cheers Henrik K.

IT Student, future ATPL holder, Freight forwarder air cargo and thx to COVID no longer a Ramp Agent at EDDL/DUS+ | FS2Crew Beta tester (&Voice Actor) for the FSlabs and UGCX

Sim: Prepar3d V4.5 Rig: CPU R7-5800X | RAM: 32GB DDR4-3000 | GPU: GTX 3080 | TFT: DELL 3840x1600

ugcx_beta_team.png 3ePa8Yp.png